Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to use the plastic ramps to install my front splitter and the car is too low for them. I then tried wood blocks but even after all that the front splitter would contact the stop at the end of the ramps. I ended up just using wood to get a few inches to do the splitter but are there any ramp products out there for this car? I need to figure out something for oil changes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went to use the plastic ramps to install my front splitter and the car is too low for them. I then tried wood blocks but even after all that the front splitter would contact the stop at the end of the ramps. I ended up just using wood to get a few inches to do the splitter but are there any ramp products out there for this car? I need to figure out something for oil changes.
I use a set of Quick Jacks that work great for oil changes and swapping to my drag tire set up. Make sure you get the extended version if you order.
I don't see how you could use a ramp unless it was really long with very gradual pitch. Good luck storing that in your garage.

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I saw those on another forum but they are more than I want to invest for a weekend car that will only need 1 oil change a year. All my other cars work good with ramps and/or jacks. I suppose I will just jack it up the old fashioned way.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,363 Posts
Didn't we just do this a few weeks ago?

Rectangle Wood Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface

Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Font Tints and shades

These are 4' long, made from 2x12s. They fit under a V2 lowered on Eibachs with a V2V splitter.

Each ramp would need (1) 2x12, 10ft long. $36 each at Home Depot here. You could use 2x10, 10ft long, those show $28 at Home Depot here. Plus some screws.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I got these middle of the month....

They

Rock.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
637 Posts
Stratus just delivered the single-post mobile lift I ordered last week. Took only 5 days to get here. I'm done having to fuck around with the geometry of how to jack this car up while simultaneously placing the jack stand under it on the same 4" of pinch weld. Worst part about working on this thing is getting it off the friggin' ground, especially when lowered with side skirts. FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!!!!

Reactions: zxfan and Teh V

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's pretty cool. Future purchase although I might just get a bolt down one if I get to the point where I have room for one of these single post lifts. Nice that you could roll it if to the side though when not using it.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Stratus just delivered the single-post mobile lift I ordered last week. Took only 5 days to get here. I'm done having to fuck around with the geometry of how to jack this car up while simultaneously placing the jack stand under it on the same 4" of pinch weld. Worst part about working on this thing is getting it off the friggin' ground, especially when lowered with side skirts. FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!!!!

Mobile?

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
637 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
637 Posts
Well, set up the moveable jack last weekend, and it's AWESOME. Can move it wherever I want, and can finally work in relative comfort. HIGHLY recommend!
Lighting Motor vehicle Architecture Interior design Wood

Building Wood Gas Engineering Motor vehicle

Wood Floor Asphalt Flooring Gas

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
63 Posts
That just makes my insides pucker.
I have to agree. The engineer in me could work out the math and prove why it is not unstable, but psychologically still get the feeling I would be about to get pancaked if I pulled on something too hard.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
637 Posts
I hear you guys. It seems precarious, and I was overly cautious/hesitant at first. Trust me, I take extra care positioning the jack feet under the car to ensure it can't suddenly slide off balance and topple. I also figured out where to shim the jack stand based upon its location on my slightly undulating floor to make it perfectly level before hoisting anything. It only takes two minutes to roll it around and lift the car now that I know the varying slopes of the floor, the geometry of the stand, and the optimal distance to position the car from the lifting post. Surprisingly though, you really can pull, beat, and bang on stuff without worry. I suspect that part of that stability is due to the 1200#+ counterbalance the post itself provides.

Cool part is that I'm 6'3", and can walk underneath the car (but not underneath the jack legs or wheels) with no issue. Actually that's the second best part, because the BEST part is that I can move it to any part of the garage with ease, set it up without breaking my back having to assemble anything, store it out of the way when I'm not using it, or just drive over it like a speed bump when parking the car, even though I'm lowered.

They say these can lift Suburbans, but I'm going to go a step further and try to see if it can lift my diesel crew cab. Will let you guys know!

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
637 Posts
How high does it lift?
72" I think. But you have to realize the car is 4" off the ground to begin with. So there is ample room

Reactions: tinman
1 - 20 of 22 Posts