Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
All them Detroit Drivers seem to drive fast, they ain't Playing down there, especially during time to go home time ...
If you want a real rush, drive back from “up north” midday Sunday towing a boat at 85mph bumper to bumper on I75 south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If you want a real rush, drive back from “up north” midday Sunday towing a boat at 85mph bumper to bumper on I75 south.

Been there & done that with a 26" Enclosed Pace Trailer, used to go up to the UP every weekend snowmobiling ...

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Been there & done that with a 26" Enclosed Pace Trailer, used to go up to the UP every weekend snowmobiling ...
Ditto for 20 years

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
What I hate is when I'm on the X-Way going 80-85 & some jerkoff goes by me like I'm sitting still
Yeah. Or they ride your bumper so you stomp on the gas and hold your foot to the floor until you can't see them anymore, and then it turns out it was an unmarked cruiser and then you get a ticket from his buddy that was lurking a few miles down the highway, for speeding, but thankfully you'd started to slow down by then and weren't doing 140+ by the time radar got you.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yeah. Or they ride your bumper so you stomp on the gas and hold your foot to the floor until you can't see them anymore, and then it turns out it was an unmarked cruiser and then you get a ticket from his buddy that was lurking a few miles down the highway, for speeding, but thankfully you'd started to slow down by then and weren't doing 140+ by the time radar got you.
uuummmmmmm NO ... I just move over first chance I get & I don't block myself in behind some slower moving traffic ...

·
3,827 Posts
Clearly you guys don’t know what the shoulder is for.

And of course it’s a Dodge ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Clearly you guys don’t know what the shoulder is for.

And of course it’s a Dodge ;)

Too much debris on the shoulders, but we get that type of passing here in Michigan too.

·
3,827 Posts
Yes the amount of shit on the shoulders is crazy. We also have the small issue of getting shot for this kind of behavior.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
3,827 Posts
Though most roads in the city no longer have shoulders. And I’m not talking about shoulders too small for a car, there’s maybe 3 feet between you and the wall. Interestingly enough this hasn’t had any impact on the avg. speed. I routinely get passed @ 85mph.
Don’t get me wrong I love driving fast but only when appropriate.

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
Yes the amount of shit on the shoulders is crazy. We also have the small issue of getting shot for this kind of behavior.

Well you are in Chicago.....

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Too much debris on the shoulders, but we get that type of passing here in Michigan too.
I try to explain that to my wife all the time. As cars drive down the road, they drop debris. As other cars pass over those debris, the stuff is either jammed in to their tire and carried away, or it's tossed to some new location on the roadway. If that location is on the shoulder, no more cars (except my wife and other drivers who don't understand this paradigm) disturb the debris. Many more cars pass over the road than drop debris, so the stuff that isn't hoovered up by a passing tire eventually makes it to the shoulder where it comes to rest. So the shoulder ends up with a concentration of road debris and especially cars with big fat tires do NOT like road debris... Stay off the f'in shoulder. Especially when you're driving my car.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts