Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as posted in the What Did you do for your V, used my tow hook.

Car shut down.

Threw a bunch of codes
P0131
P0151
P069e
P018b
P0231
P2635

So I am guessing fuel pump control?

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
I'd say check your fuses first since it threw codes for fuel pump and oxygen sensor on bank 2.
I had a similar problem before where a bank 1 sensor that was shorting also shut down the maf and intercooler pump.

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
So as posted in the What Did you do for your V, used my tow hook.

Car shut down.

Threw a bunch of codes
P0131
P0151
P069e
P018b
P0231
P2635

So I am guessing fuel pump control?
And once again; welcome to the 'Hobby' of modifying your 'Street Car'.

After modifications anything can go wrong. . .And most likely will...:mad:

Cheers

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say check your fuses first since it threw codes for fuel pump and oxygen sensor on bank 2.
I had a similar problem before where a bank 1 sensor that was shorting also shut down the maf and intercooler pump.
Is that the front or back fuse box?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the fuse for fuel pump in the back, and it was fine....I didn't find one for the module, which as you know it is in the back behind the fuse panel.

I can't hear the pump and I'm investigating just getting a new Fuel Pump Driver Module.

Are they just plug and play devices? It get the new one and plug it in?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think the driver modules need to be flashed to work. Can you see the commanded state on your scan tool?
No.

Funny story.

I paid a member here for his HP Tuners to read everything, do so data logging to see if tweaks are needed.....OVER A MONTH ago...and it still isn't here. So I can't see the "commanded state".

I have been going to a shop that has done some work on here and O'Reilly's. They, the shop, gave the codes and all cleared with the exception of the P069e.

It also wouldn't clear when I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes.

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found the fuse for fuel pump in the back, and it was fine....I didn't find one for the module, which as you know it is in the back behind the fuse panel.

I can't hear the pump and I'm investigating just getting a new Fuel Pump Driver Module.

Are they just plug and play devices? It get the new one and plug it in?
Yes the FSCM does need to be flashed.
My car didn't even start until I had the Dealer flash it for my car.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the FSCM does need to be flashed.
My car didn't even start until I had the Dealer flash it for my car.
Thanks.

Does sort of suck that I have to go to the dealership and pay more for the module.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks.

Does sort of suck that I have to go to the dealership and pay more for the module.
I got mine from Rock Auto like $80

Now the dealer did charge me $150 to flash it.
One of my pumps took a shit and took out the FSCM but
it was able to start and the dealer is only 1 mile from my house.

·
Registered
927 Posts
That's interesting, I did one in a 17 Silverado and it didn't have to be flashed. I know some suppliers have no flash parts though so maybe thats the issue?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got mine from Rock Auto like $80

Now the dealer did charge me $150 to flash it.
One of my pumps took a shit and took out the FSCM but
it was able to start and the dealer is only 1 mile from my house.
That is about I am looking at for price from GM parts direct.

I thought that there is legislation that prevents against this.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah dorman products usually don't require flashing, so I guess the question becomes do you want to use aftermarket.
I don't hate aftermarket. It is going to be car rental and and dealership prices vs. this.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
True that. Dorman makes decent products, and I can vouch for there pre flashed stuff is legit. Did a lot of their TIPMs back in the day.
So I got the Dorman and installed late yesterday (I had reserved appt at dealership for today) and installed. Easy peasy to swap out. The check engine light went out, but I still couldn't hear the fuel pump cycle up when I turned on the key.

Put the stock driver module back in....light came back on...but also no fuel pump running noise.

So I kept the appt at the dealership this morning.

The tech, who at one time owned a corvette shop (I don't know if it is good thing he closed and works for a dealership or not.) and I talked. He said the ECM controls the Fuel Pump module so that is what he suspects.

I rented an Audi A5 (to get a loaner would have required waiting 2 more weeks to get into the dealer). So doing a "test drive" of this car for a couple of days.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Shitty, yeah I think ecm provides ground, wonder if one of your grounds is loose from your head swap and stuff? Or maybe the fpcm went and burnt something out.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shitty, yeah I think ecm provides ground, wonder if one of your grounds is loose from your head swap and stuff? Or maybe the fpcm went and burnt something out.
It was fine for quite a while....months.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts