Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have the 2012 Coupe with the Nav and bose audio system. I've read that its possible to use the rear subwoofer as a location to tap into the wires for a line out converter. The converter I am using is the PAC SNI-35 which has wires for a right and left speaker. I have read through the forums and most people seem to get this to work, however when I connected it to just the left speaker wire using the green/black and blue/white plus ground (black), I am not receiving any voltage output at the RCA end. I've tested the speaker wires going into the sub and they both receive about 12VAC. I then hooked up the negative wire for the right speaker on the line out converter to the negative wire of the subwoofer since the directions mentioned that if only one side was available. still nothing. I could use a high output speaker level line and run it into the amp but since I have already bought good RCA wires and this lineout converter I want to still try and make it work since I have read that people were successful. Should I try connecting the positive wire for the right speaker on the converter to the positive on the sub? Maybe my converter was DOA?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I connected the right positive speaker wire from the converter to the positive wire at the sub and still nothing. Im guessing the output converter I have is not capable to this configuration or its a bad unit. Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't know why yours isn't working, but mine is tapped into the factory amp lines in the trunk on the driver's side behind the carpet paneling.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know if they are connected at the pre amp or post amp wire? Mine is post amp since I'm tapping in right at the speaker. Im getting about 12.5 VAC to those wires which seems adequate...Do you have the PAC SNI-35 as well?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Subscribed for future install plans

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
You would have to tap it post amp as there is no analog pre amp. The radio sends audio to the amp as a digital signal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I decided to upgrade slightly from a passive line out converter such as the PAC SNI-35 to a popular converter that is connected to a 12V power supply. Its called the LC2i. The manufactures website specifically states it will support our configuration of only having a positive and negative lead coming from our subwoofer in the rear deck. The converter should be arriving today. I will update on how it works

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It worked! Only used the positive and negative leads going into the stock subwoofer to run into the left speaker positive and negative of the LC2i. I unplugged the stock subwoofer and focused the speakers so they were all the way rear. I then used a 50Hz test tone from the JL audio website to dial in the output voltage the converter was putting it out. The idea is to send the hottest signal possible to the amp. I was looking for a max of 5V for my amp. Anyway, if anyone has any questions on the set up just shoot me a message.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts