WHAT'S INCLUDED
-Supercharger Lid Spacer
5/8" 6061 Aluminum

-Extended flange head bolts

-Spacers for the strut tower brace

Lid_Spacer (1).jpg

Lid_Spacer_Installed.jpg

$325 - Plain spacer
$375 - Drilled for direct port methanol injection (one week lead time)

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
cost to ship to Ontario Canada?

l4n8n7

thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
Could you guys look at my sig and let me know if I should have a lid spacer and why? I'm not running meth. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
maybe I am overlooking something but would this have any benefit on a stock-to-lightly modded V? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you also working on one for nitrous?
Nitrous spray bars are available. 50-500 hp jetting, wet or dry. The cost is $325 to have the bars installed. The spacer will be shipped to Nitrous Express, then to you directly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I search for this answer but nothing.................. Can one of you take the time to explain how the seal between the HX in the cover and the SC is retained when adding a spacer?? Also, is the bottom of the spacer counterbored to accept a lid seal?? I understand this concept but not the positive sealing of the HX.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Look at the very first pic. You can see the inner spacer for the intercooler. And there is no counter bore so you must use silicone.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rocket is correct. It goes supercharger>silicone>spacer>gasket/lid for the outer portion. And supercharger/gasket>spacer>silicone>intercooler for the inner portion.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you. I probably am doing this in the wrong spot but it seems that putting a receiver groove in the bottom of the spacer to accept a lid seal and making a HX spacer to accept the HX seal wouldn't be that much more involved after doing all the work it would be to make the current spacers.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The reason these are priced low is because they are water jet cut. This requires no tooling, and is a lower cost alternative to a CNC mill. To add the grooves requires the parts to be made on a CNC mill. This would add approximately $200 to the cost (plus the cost of the two extra gaskets), and would require a minimum quantity of at least 10 units per batch. At that price point, it seems the demand is not present to justify production. However, if you have a group of friends who are interested, let me know. I can always try to accommodate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wasn't taking a shot at your product. Just trying to comprehend how HX gets sealed up without the O.E. seal being raised with a positive locator to keep it from blowing out. Aren't they all made the with same idea but maybe a different process?? I have my SC off this is why I am asking before I order 1..........

·
Super Moderator
21,412 Posts
As someone who used to be a machinist, and then sales for machined components, I concur with Tabio42.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wasn't taking a shot at your product. Just trying to comprehend how HX gets sealed up without the O.E. seal being raised with a positive locator to keep it from blowing out. Aren't they all made the with same idea but maybe a different process?? I have my SC off this is why I am asking before I order 1..........
Don't worry I didn't take it that way. The inner spacer has a much wider cross section than the stock intercooler brick gasket. The silicone keeps it in place more than creating a perfect seal. But that doesn't mean silicone isn't good at sealing the area.

If you put your stock gasket on the brick you can see there is not a perfect seal from the factory. GM actually calls this gasket an 'insulator,' which implies its purpose is simply to reduce temperature or vibration transfer from the supercharger to the brick.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts