Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GROUP BUY SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
I am honoring any commitments to this group buy at the price of $300 per kit plus shipping. However, I am suspending the group buy for a bit to help Guard Dog sell his inventory of spacers.

ORIGINAL POST BELOW
I am not a fan of companies charging a bajillion dollars for parts (cough D3), plus I really like making stuff for cars. For example, I worked with Fluidyne and designed the CTS-V heat exchanger that is currently being sold. This brought to market a quality part that performs as well as, if not better than, competing products at a more reasonable price.

In that spirit, I set off making two products with two options for post boost methanol/nitrous injection. This was months ago, and the entire setup is not done. What is done, however, is the lid spacer portion. In an effort to recoup some R&D costs, I'm offering a group buy of supercharger lid spacers. The lid spacer is thick enough to drill and tap for nitrous or methanol nozzles.

Notes - The second product will work in conjunction with the lid spacer to give users the option to spray methanol directly into the supercharger lid, above the intercooler brick, with plenty of clearance for the methanol to atomize. This will utilize ONE methanol nozzle, thereby saving the cost of 3 or 7 nozzles drilled into the lid/spacer (depending on the alternative setup).

Another member of our community is already making/selling what appears to be a high quality product that is very similar to this spacer. SO, in an effort not to steal anyone's thunder, I will NOT be offering these spacers pre-drilled for methanol or nitrous. If you want a pre-drilled product, you will have to buy the other supporting member's product.

WHAT'S INCLUDED
Supercharger Lid Spacer
5/8" 6061 Aluminum

Extended flange head bolts

Spacers for the strut tower brace

Online install instructions with photos

TIMEFRAME
The group buy will run until Dec 19th. I have to have them made all at once to be able to provide lower pricing. Production time is one week. Units will begin shipping Dec 26th. If anyone on the list needs one immediately, contact me for special arrangements.

PRICE
Up to 5 orders - $XXX per unit
Over 5 orders - $XXX per unit

FREE SWAG
First three buyers on this site will receive a free CTSVOWNERS.COM T-shirt! This allows us to support the community so we can keep innovating.

PICS
The photos below are of the pre-production models. There are currently two cars running these (including mine). The production model has a radius cutout for the AIT2 sensor. This is not a necessity as the stock lid-to-supercharger connection has no cutout, but I thought it looked nicer.

Lid_Spacer.jpg

Lid_Spacer_Installed.jpg

1. KLR CADI - swag!
2. NorcalSS - not eligible for free swag :)
3. 555ctsv - no swag
4. Snzuloz? - swag!
5. Blk Majik - swag!

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
How thick is the D3 spacer?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I'm in. Another great product at a great price! I got in on the fluidyne buy, and recommend tabio based on our last dealings.

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Guard Dog's is 5/8" as well right?

·
WhO mE?
1,671 Posts
Stupid question but do these lid spacers come with a gasket? From the pics I see it looks like it's just sandwiched between the blower lid.

·
Tree Hugger
3,789 Posts
you'll reuse the lid gasket and line silicone. No groove in the spacer, which I think would be ideal but would increase machining costs.

read my GD Spacer review in my signature for more info.

555, yes GD's is 5/8" 6061...so sounds like same plenum capacity.

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Ill grab one and get a dyno run with no changes other than just the spacer. I think several people would be interested in that result

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
great idea. what boost are you at?
I think about 14psi? Im going to the shop today for some motul btake fluid, ill ask them while im there. They didnt print it on my dyno sheet and i never asked

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Puff answered some of the questions for me already - thanks! 1 vote of customer service rep of the month :)

Plenum capacity increase should be in the area of 78 cubic inches.

No gaskets are provided. You RTV the outer portion of the spacer to the supercharger. The stock lid has a gasket in it. You RTV the inner portion of the spacer to the intercooler brick. The supercharger has a gasket for that. I would have loved to have made CNC pieces that have gasket cutouts for both pieces and grooves for the inner that allow it to drop straight into the supercharger without a gasket. But then the product would be hundreds of dollars more, and the only benefit would be convenience. As this is not an item that will be taken on and off regularly, I didn't see it as necessary.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
555 you have a PM, and a deal. I don't think you will have much of a benefit from just the spacer, but I would love to be proven wrong!

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
So when does ordering begin?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts