Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving last October and the DIC popped up low oil pressure. Here are a few pictures of what is inside the filter. Most of it is copper or bronze colored. It has trunnion kits in the arms, and I pulled the passenger side valve cover off in January and none of the arms were obviously rattling, haven't done the driver's side yet, the car's just been parked until it's a little warmer and dry, so I can work on it. Has anyone had the same looking chunks? It seems to big and the wrong color for a spun main, right?
0328201752.jpg
0328201749.jpg

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
What mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
What work has been done to the car?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
PRC heads, 215/231-.629/.643 cam, LS7 lifters, Tooley .660 springs and 5/16 pushrods, 2.50/9.10 pullies, Comp trunion kit in the rockers, ID850s. It was almost all done by Speed Inc when they owned it. I bought it from a guy whose brother bought it from Speed Inc when they sold it.

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
Going to guess detonation and took out a main bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely bearing material. Factory bearings have an orange under layer. Looks like polished copper. I just had to rebuild my engine due to a bad cam taking it a all the bearings.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm sure it IS bearings. ? I guess I need to read some more Rubber Duck posts. ?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure it IS bearings. ? I guess I need to read some more Rubber Duck posts. ?
You sir, will NOT go wrong reading posts where he has shared his knowledge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep.

I just need to decide if it's a good idea to build a crazy short block and then top it for a while with the PRC heads that are on here.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
If you go through build threads, I know the can be lengthy but with lots of people in virus hell, to find where @Rubber Duck offered insight and advice...you'll have a great engine.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
unless you plan for 1k+ hp . there is no reason to add much besides pistons, rods , and oil pump with good bearings for the short block . spend some money on the valve-train and let it run. I was very happy with my forged LSA when i had my V2 . reliable as stock and made great power with some added compression.

·
Registered
747 Posts
What he said ^

When you rebuild you can do cool things like go with some quality bolts and studs. Also, bump the CR up, especially if you plan on running E/85. You can have the builder set the bearing clearances a little looser to allow for more movement before wiping out bearings. You'll need to run different weight oil if so. Our engines from GM were designed to be fuel efficient and environmentally friendly......throw all that out the window and build a real engine. I'm sure there are more things you can do, these are just a couple that come to mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts