Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part verification needed:

Left Front Upper Control Arm: 15219467

Extremely long story short: the right front upper control arm has a black cable that plugs into a port. The left front doesn't? I'm trying to figure out why... gmpartsdirect said the left doesn't have the cable.

Pics below.

This is the RIGHT front upper control arm. As you can see the black connector/cable is there.
[/url][/IMG]

Here's the LEFT front upper sent to me:

·
Registered
54 Posts
The cable you're talking about is for the stability control sensor. I think you may have ordered the wrong parts. Here are the correct part numbers, from what I know, for the left and right:

Right: 25849158
Left: 25849157

I actually just ordered these myself and also saw the part number you mentioned when searching for the control arms, but found that the correct ones were these here. They were actually cheaper too, which was odd since you would expect the parts for a V model to be more expensive. Got them for about $150 each.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
It's actually the ride hight sensor for the mag shocks nothing to do with stability control. The new arms will not come with the sensor or the rod. What you need to look for is just the little black ball on the arm where the rod will connect. If it doesn't have this its the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
15,217 Posts
If you just call them they can get you shorter out very quickly.

It's always a good idea to call and verify fitment; with millions of parts online occasionally the numbers or images are incorrect

I also have the part numbers in my DIY suspension thread linked in my signature

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have called them, and went in a long back in forth email thread. They sent the same left control arm out twice 15219467, the one without the cable.

ASteggall: so my original post - the bottom picture of the left front upper is the correct part? I've gotten mixed answers from a lot of people over the past two weeks.

·
Premium Member
15,217 Posts
So I have called them, and went in a long back in forth email thread. They sent the same left control arm out twice 15219467, the one without the cable.

ASteggall: so my original post - the bottom picture of the left front upper is the correct part? I've gotten mixed answers from a lot of people over the past two weeks.
The ride height actuator (it's called some other weird name in the book) is a totally different part than the upper control arm. I can look it up, but it appears as though there was a miscommunication on both ends.

Simply put, that actuator is a totally different part and would not be included with any other suspension piece.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Left Front Upper Control Arm: 15219467
Right Front Upper Control Arm: 15219468

gmpartsdirect.com

Are you saying the left front upper control arm is not supposed to have the black cable/connector (as shown in the top pic on first thread posting)?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Ok this is getting a little out of hand here. Part numbers can change for any number of reasons and between years even though the part did not change. The black cable as you would call it is not a cable. But a metal rod that connects the control arm to the sensor. This rod and sensor DO NOT come with the control arm. Have you removed the old control arm from the car? The rod end is a ball joint that will just pops off the control arm.

I'm sure after the first control arm that GM Parts direct asked for a VIN number to get the correct part. If that is what they sent with a VIN number as verification then 99% sure it is correct. Is there a little black ball on the inside of the arm?

·
Premium Member
15,217 Posts
The cable you're talking about is for the stability control sensor. I think you may have ordered the wrong parts. Here are the correct part numbers, from what I know, for the left and right:

Right: 25849158
Left: 25849157
It's actually the ride hight sensor for the mag shocks nothing to do with stability control. The new arms will not come with the sensor or the rod.
The ride height actuator (it's called some other weird name in the book) is a totally different part than the upper control arm. I can look it up, but it appears as though there was a miscommunication on both ends.

Simply put, that actuator is a totally different part and would not be included with any other suspension piece.
Are you saying the left front upper control arm is not supposed to have the black cable/connector (as shown in the top pic on first thread posting)?

Thanks
Yes... that's what I [we] are saying. You can keep asking for part numbers for the correct upper control arm...

They. are. two. different. parts.

Your posting a picture of a control arm with the ride height sensor is likely that of a used/take-off part, where the UCA and sensor were salvaged and included together for whatever reason on an auction site or something. But that doesn't mean GM will ship them together in the same manner that buying a used drive-train might include the transmission and the drive shaft, even though they're very different parts.

I googled for you - they are called "headlight leveling sensors" in the electrical section of most parts sites.
Front Right: #20829005
Front Left: #88957143

and the link bar is listed separately: #88957147

So in spite of what the photos often show, if the sensor is not broken, you can just order the connecting rod ("link bar"). If you need to order the sensor, you may not need the connecting rod and so forth.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve been watching this instructional on how to get the assembly out, since I’m swapping out the shocks/uca once the parts arrive, and this is where he called it the “stability control sensor”. Guess he goofed by calling it that. But , regardless, it doesn’t look like it comes with the uca, as others have stated.

Part numbers I got for the uca, I found from other members on this site. I guess I’ll know if they are the wrong parts once they get here lol. The part numbers you mentioned also popped up when I put in my vehicle info, but I went with the part numbers that specifically mentioned “cts-v” in the description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,217 Posts
Most of us assumed that little bugger was "ride height control" since the original Three Dicks (D3) released their lowering springs and gave us fancy little connecting rods for them. I believe they even used the terminology in their instructions... and it made sense because we're all thinking "Magnetic ride control - it needs to know how much the suspension changes!"

But alas, someone pointed it out years ago that they were for the headlights and it never stuck. Whether or not the sensors are ALSO used for the mag ride calculations I don't know, and never cared enough to research.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help everyone.

Part of the extremely long story I didn't feel like explaining, is I've called GM parts direct, and they sent the wrong part all together, even after the VIN verification the first go around. Then, they switched me to some new person to work with who couldn't read English and was arguing with me that I talking about a lower control arm not an upper, even though everything was in writing... which pissed me the hell off. I was talking to the dumbest person on the planet. So I switched to a third person and it seems like they know what they're talking about. I just needed some final verification from yall because yall are more trustworthy than these idiots.

I've already spent nearly $4k on this chassis repair so it's been quite the shitshow. This is the final piece.

GM screwed everything over by stopping the production of the control arms in the first place....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the help everyone.

Part of the extremely long story I didn't feel like explaining, is I've called GM parts direct, and they sent the wrong part all together, even after the VIN verification the first go around. Then, they switched me to some new person to work with who couldn't read English and was arguing with me that I talking about a lower control arm not an upper, even though everything was in writing... which pissed me the hell off. I was talking to the dumbest person on the planet. So I switched to a third person and it seems like they know what they're talking about. I just needed some final verification from yall because yall are more trustworthy than these idiots.

I've already spent nearly $4k on this chassis repair so it's been quite the shitshow. This is the final piece.

GM screwed everything over by stopping the production of the control arms in the first place....
Did you verify if the part numbers were correct? Cause it gives both sets of part numbers (for left & right) for our cars.

I want to make sure I ordered the correct ones too now lol.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Most of us assumed that little bugger was "ride height control" since the original Three Dicks (D3) released their lowering springs and gave us fancy little connecting rods for them. I believe they even used the terminology in their instructions... and it made sense because we're all thinking "Magnetic ride control - it needs to know how much the suspension changes!"

But alas, someone pointed it out years ago that they were for the headlights and it never stuck. Whether or not the sensors are ALSO used for the mag ride calculations I don't know, and never cared enough to research.
Just to follow up. They are for the mag shocks to know what the suspension travel is. They also monitor the height of the car as a starting point of the movement. They are on all four wheels, but the headlamp leveling module does connect to the ESC on the CAN bus and is used for the headlights as well . The stability control is controlled by the built in G sensors, wheel speed sensors, and steering angle sensor.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Did you verify if the part numbers were correct? Cause it gives both sets of part numbers (for left & right) for our cars.

I want to make sure I ordered the correct ones too now lol.

From this forum, yes. GMPartsdirect wasn't reliable given my experience over the past month. I'm getting the left front upper installed tomorrow (it was the wrong part the first time). The right front upper was correct in the beginning.

FYI I got the all struts/shocks replaced (leaking). Both right front lower, both front uppers replaced.

I'll give you an update tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
54 Posts
From this forum, yes. GMPartsdirect wasn't reliable given my experience over the past month. I'm getting the left front upper installed tomorrow (it was the wrong part the first time). The right front upper was correct in the beginning.

FYI I got the all struts/shocks replaced (leaking). Both right front lower, both front uppers replaced.

I'll give you an update tomorrow evening.
Ok, great. Definitely let us know how it went. I had my rear shocks replaced a few months ago and made a huge difference in the ride, and the fronts are getting done with the uca's I ordered.

I'll post an update once I get them installed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Confirmed, it was the right part. It is now installed on the V.

Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
54 Posts
Confirmed, it was the right part. It is now installed on the V.

Thanks again everyone
Nice! Glad to hear. I just received one of the upper control arms, looks to be the right one as well.

I didn’t know it came with that upper bracket.
My dog’s obviously confused about that too lol

IMG_9236.JPG IMG_9237.JPG

Reactions: PHL33

·
Premium Member
15,217 Posts
Nice! Glad to hear. I just received one of the upper control arms, looks to be the right one as well.

I didn’t know it came with that upper bracket.
My dog’s obviously confused about that too lol

View attachment 123497 View attachment 123513

Amazing how cheap they are considering what comes with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts