Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a fix for this?

The LEDs i have on the interior of my car and the LEDS for the license plate flicker. Ive replaced the plate lights twice now and eventually they always start back up again.

Premium Member

Premium Member
Interesting. I鈥檝e now bought two sets from Amazon for the same reason, but assumed they were just cheap because....well, they were $20. I鈥檝e replaced the license plate sets twice, and the interior map lights once. Still have a few left over.

Premium Member
Interesting. I鈥檝e now bought two sets from Amazon for the same reason, but assumed they were just cheap because....well, they were $20. I鈥檝e replaced the license plate sets twice, and the interior map lights once. Still have a few left over.
I noticed most of the LED bulb sets avail on Amazon , eBay are not made be used in license plate , side markers & city lights where it requires the light to be on for a long period of time . When it gets hot it starts to flickers . The ones I've had excellent experience with are the ones from azn optics were made specifically to be used on city lights for European vehicles .

Registered
I have had the same issue on the license plate light and have replaced them once. I need to go back and find out which ones I bought originally on my 2011 they never had an issue.

Registered
Good info, my plate lights flicker a bit, I bought the Amazon $20 kit as well...not a huge deal to me, Im usually a blur on the streets anyway :rolleyes:

Registered
I think it is due to the design of the cheaper led chip sets. I went through this several years back and finally went to a quality seller, Vleds.com

They are more expensive but do not flicker or cause issues with the car's electronics.

Registered
I think it is due to the design of the cheaper led chip sets. I went through this several years back and finally went to a quality seller, Vleds.com

They are more expensive but do not flicker or cause issues with the car's electronics.
Did you do the license plate? I noticed that site has two options, a 360 or a single direction LED. what option would best suite the license plate (probably the 1 direction)?

Registered
Get these for the license plate. I've been using azn optics bulbs since 2011 I haven't had any issues , you can see and read all the reviews on mbworld .

194/ 168/ T10/ 2825/ 2821/ W5W LED (5000K) V5.2a [194 168 T10 2825 2821 W5W] - $19.00 : AZN Optics, Your SOURCE for Automotive LED and HID Lighting!

Checked out the rear on the V tonight for the first time and saw the license plate bulbs were out. I thought it may have been a fuse but checking out the existing bulbs, they are LED, along with every single bulb in the car. Previous owner went LED crazy on the inside. Not that I'm complaining, it looks really nice on the inside.

Came across this thread to see what LEDs ppl are using and after seeing your other thread with your pics I was sold. They look great. I hope you still swear by these LEDs because I took your word for it and placed the order 5 minutes ago.

Registered
Good info, my plate lights flicker a bit, I bought the Amazon $20 kit as well...not a huge deal to me, Im usually a blur on the streets anyway
I just installed mine tonight. Really like the way they look. I hadn't got to the license plate ones yet. I bought the Amazon $26 ones too, as that was posted on a different thread.

Premium Member
Yes , I'm still using these same bulbs and no issues , I also have set for my 2016 civic in the side marker lights and its trouble free as well !

Checked out the rear on the V tonight for the first time and saw the license plate bulbs were out. I thought it may have been a fuse but checking out the existing bulbs, they are LED, along with every single bulb in the car. Previous owner went LED crazy on the inside. Not that I'm complaining, it looks really nice on the inside.

Came across this thread to see what LEDs ppl are using and after seeing your other thread with your pics I was sold. They look great. I hope you still swear by these LEDs because I took your word for it and placed the order 5 minutes ago.

Registered

Premium Member
This will do all the bulbs?
No, this won't fit in the front / rear overhead lights but wil fit In Everything else ( license pLate , doors , glove , floor ) . Email him and ask if he has any 'stub series wedge bulbs ' left , those will fit the over head lights but just aren't as bright as others I have seen / had. But I didn't want bulbs in the overhead too bright cause I didn't want it irritating my eyes at night when i get in/out of the vehicle .

Registered
Just checked the mail and boom! They are here, after looking at them there are two leds per light. These little guys must pack a punch! I'll try and put them in tmro and take a pic.

Registered
Just checked the mail and boom! They are here, after looking at them there are two leds per light. These little guys must pack a punch! I'll try and put them in tmro and take a pic.
Please do before and after pics.

Registered
Please do before and after pics.
I got them in tonight, and they look really good! Nice bright white LED. Really looks like the same color as the German cars.

I don't have a before because they were not working to start with. After pulling the old lights out I saw that they were LED's. They look like the IJDM Toy leds. I wasn't able get a good shot of it due to the woman's car being super close to mine. I will for sure get you a pic of it tmro night. I really would recommend these bulbs. Shipping was pretty quick too. Thanks for recommendation ES EF ED.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts