Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen many custom steering wheels on here and they all look really good. I personally just upgraded mine from the stock leather to the stock Alcantara myself. Now I’m wishing I’d have went with one of the flat bottom custom wheels. In my searches I ran across this one with the LED display at the top which I like. I didn’t see any in my search here and was wondering if anyone has this particular one? And most importantly, how does, and how hard/easy was it to hook up the LED display with the wiring?
Head Automotive tire Automotive lighting Black Jaw

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
427 Posts
Vladi on facebook has them. I was looking at them but they utilize an OBD2 plug to wirelessly transmit the data to the wheel. I believe this means no aeroforce or other obd2 device if you use this wheel.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: mememe123

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vladi on facebook has them. I was looking at them but they utilize an OBD2 plug to wirelessly transmit the data to the wheel. I believe this means no aeroforce or other obd2 device if you use this wheel.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Just wondering how difficult it is to hook up and if it’s gonna be a plug and play. I have actually spoken to Vladi about other wheels in the past, but seems there’s several websites that sell custom wheels. I spoke to him on Facebook and not sure his website 🤷🏻‍♂️
What about Street Driven Perf? Not sure they sell the LED wheels. Who’s the best? SDP seems to offer more to choose from as far as options

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I decided that I am not doing it, when I get around to new wheel because I have my HP always in OBD

·
Registered
27 Posts
My brother has this wheel on his 2011, and it looks great! Got it from Frank (VLM auto). I have the non led wheel from Frank and he was a pleasure to do business with for both our purchases. Admittingly, there is a lot of light in your face at night, but you can dim the led and i think turn off the rpm lights, set parameters for shifting, etc. There is power on the steering wheel and he just soldered a wire. He is still able to use his Aeroforce since the transmitter is wireless. He just bought a 2 port obd2 connector (I think from Amazon that wasn't expensive at all) so he can plug the Aeroforce and steering wheel into it.

Reactions: Blades1_99
1 - 9 of 9 Posts