Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 White Diamond sedan A6
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There I was minding my own business when some sort of Mercedes does a fly by on me and piqued my attention, not knowing exactly what it was but I saw an AMG badge but couldn't make out the model till later (night time). I caught up after a bit and joined in on a bit of spirited driving as we approached a red light together at the edge of town. He takes the right lane but there is another car already in the left so I'm right behind him at the light and I know what's coming. Light goes green and he darts away clearly giving it max effort into the intersection as I followed until clear of the car in the left lane. Car shifts to 2nd and I roll into full throttle thanks to the new DR's and put bus lengths on him before I let out at about an 1/8th of a mile. I googled the car when I got home and found they are really no competition but hey I take what I can get!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
There I was minding my own business when some sort of Mercedes does a fly by on me and piqued my attention, not knowing exactly what it was but I saw an AMG badge but couldn't make out the model till later (night time). I caught up after a bit and joined in on a bit of spirited driving as we approached a red light together at the edge of town. He takes the right lane but there is another car already in the left so I'm right behind him at the light and I know what's coming. Light goes green and he darts away clearly giving it max effort into the intersection as I followed until clear of the car in the left lane. Car shifts to 2nd and I roll into full throttle thanks to the new DR's and put bus lengths on him before I let out at about an 1/8th of a mile. I googled the car when I got home and found they are really no competition but hey I take what I can get!
I had a similar situation on Sunday morning but with a Camaro with rear deck spoiler and not a lot badges.

We were side by side at a light, on a section of road leaving St Pete Beach with limited access, and me in the right hand side. I left quickly on green but far from max effort. Hit a little above the posted 45 and I settled in for the next light 3/4 miles away.

The white Camaro went flying by me and not sounding like the 6 banger. I pulled in behind him at the next light, in the left lane, with a UTE in the right.

He left in a hurry and I followed. It was clear to move to right hand lane and pass shortly after clearing intersection....it was a smooth and gratifying walk away.

I think that he was disappointed that I didn't take the turn that would have put me on the Interstate heading to the Sunshine Skyway.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Nothing better than putting bus lengths on people. Literally never gets old.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run a Mercedes dealership. That CLA45 is barely worth the mention or the fuel ;). Still a kill though! They are not fast by any means, now the car sitting on my drive right now would be a better run with a V2. Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
The E63 is a bad bitch. The one in the pic is the AMG GT sedan. Also mean af.
I took a E63s out with that driver by himself and 3 people in my car from a 40 roll and a 50 roll a couple of years ago with my current mods. The faster we went, the bigger the gap became. He didn't want to play anymore after that. Lol

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took a E63s out with that driver by himself and 3 people in my car from a 40 roll and a 50 roll a couple of years ago with my current mods. The faster we went, the bigger the gap became. He didn't want to play anymore after that. Lol
I believe it - I should rephrase.The E63 is bad for what it is, amongst its Eurotrash brotherhood. Now, like a RennTedh one or one by DME tuning down in Texas - those will walk hellcats and V’s all day. Not with your mods though. Too rich for my blood. I see the bills - and they pay my bills. No thanks.
Anyone wanna guess what a 4 corner brake job cost on a 3 year old S63 AMG cost? That’s the big body limo sucka.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If it was south of $3k I'd be surprised. Shit like that is what turned me away from shopping for AMGs and led me to the V.

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,601 Posts
This was my story from 5 months ago. Haven’t seen him since. I wonder if he drove it to a lot and sold out that night.

I always wondered how we would fair against them. The Mercedes dude was feeling pretty cocky due to a fly by he has done earlier. Side by side he finally rolls his window down and asks about mods (headers and intake), he is stock. He smiles and mentions the light has turned red. Two lanes, 40 mph zone, too many people around to do much. His window is back up, and he’s chomping at the bit. Green light! Minimal slip with the Continentals, and I pull hard, can’t even see him in my peripheral vision. I shut it down at 45, and he finally goes by.
Side by side in traffic and he doesn’t seem to want to roll his window down.
Nice looking car, white with black accents.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Sedan with Heintz Racing 700 HP Package. Red Obsession Tintcoat, Auto Transmission
10 Posts
Yep I had a short sprint with a CLS 63 early Saturday morning, no one around. I had turned left at a light and was already heading down the road when I saw him in my rear view mirror make the turn just as the light turned red and attempted to pass me on the right...yeah well it was a great time to test my mods (700 hp package courtesy of Heintz Racing in Mooresville, NC) so I let him get a taste of the ARH 2" headers and 3" X-pipe LOL. We only went about a 1/4 mile or so he couldn't catch me and gave up. I saw the badging on the rear as he went by when I stopped at the next light to turn left. I looked up the specs when I got home and wow 577 hp - if I wasn't modded it would've been really close or he would've passed me.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Yep I had a short sprint with a CLS 63 early Saturday morning, no one around. I had turned left at a light and was already heading down the road when I saw him in my rear view mirror make the turn just as the light turned red and attempted to pass me on the right...yeah well it was a great time to test my mods (700 hp package courtesy of Heintz Racing in Mooresville, NC) so I let him get a taste of the ARH 2" headers and 3" X-pipe LOL. We only went about a 1/4 mile or so he couldn't catch me and gave up. I saw the badging on the rear as he went by when I stopped at the next light to turn left. I looked up the specs when I got home and wow 577 hp - if I wasn't modded it would've been really close or he would've passed me.
When I was stock I played with what was a stock cls63 driving driving down to FL2K in 2017. It was good but I had him.

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Upvoted simply for the proper spelling of "piqued"

• Haha
Reactions: loweredd
1 - 15 of 15 Posts