Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain this? I bought my 2009 V and was looking at this gauge. On each side it was zeroed out 0.00 on both left and right side of the gauge. Had an alignment done and now it reads 0.66 and 0.77 .... what does that even mean?? Does it have to be set at zero and if so how? Thanks for any information on this... goggle didn’t have any

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Can anyone explain this? I bought my 2009 V and was looking at this gauge. On each side it was zeroed out 0.00 on both left and right side of the gauge. Had an alignment done and now it reads 0.66 and 0.77 .... what does that even mean?? Does it have to be set at zero and if so how? Thanks for any information on this... goggle didn’t have any
It’s the max you have seen in each direction. I’m sure you can hold down the check button and reset.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It means your alignment guy had a fun test drive.

To get it back to zero, you're going to have to sell your car to an enthusiast and buy a camry.

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
This is hilarious. I had an alignment done as well last fall, and after I reset that meter,, he came back with .78 and .77 showing. I bitched out his "manager" and he cut the bill in half.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The car is good for a >G laterally, so 0.75G is only 75% of the car's max capability. The tires weren't even squealing at that G load (and as my driving instructor at Skip Barber said so many years ago, "a tire isn't really working it's hardest if you can't hear it screaming for mercy").

I say the alignment tech was a pussy who didn't do a thorough enough job of checking his work.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I hit 1.11 on a nice surfaced right hand turn after a couple attempts

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
I'd only be worried if you saw something like 30+ g. Also, your car would probably be totaled.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I dunno. You jerk the wheel hard enough you might get a transient that's quite a bit higher than where the car settles once it starts to skid.

I know my wife has much less trouble putting lipstick on when I'm going through a long sweeping exit ramp than when I'm on the highway, slaloming between the cones where the DPW has shut down a lane to work on the roadway.

·
Premium Member
17,322 Posts
I dunno. You jerk the wheel hard enough you might get a transient that's quite a bit higher than where the car settles once it starts to skid.

I know my wife has much less trouble putting lipstick on when I'm going through a long sweeping exit ramp than when I'm on the highway, slaloming between the cones where the DPW has shut down a lane to work on the roadway.
Don't ya think I tried that already? ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts