Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed Kooks 2"x3" headers connected to Kooks 3" green catted x-pipe. Had the headers ceramic coated and the x-pipe fully polished. Thought I'd share a pic of the installed product. Also, the X-pipe in this photo was yet to be clamped in, just fit to determine clearances. How can a few "pipes" get a guy so excited?? LOL.

No "start-up" vids yet as I have a few more connections to make in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I can definitely appreciate the "before pic" since most of the time no one will be able to appreciate the beauty once your car's rolling down the street. Probably will sound great! Does the ceramic coating benefit temperatures only, or sound as well? My concern with headers has always been they allow you to hear each valve close and sound kind of "pingy". Also, are those little things right before the xpipe what theyre calling the cats?

Anyways, looks great (y)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, very happy with the Kooks products. Yes, HUGN*RDS those are the cats. Ceramic coating is primarily to keep the temperature of the hot gasses IN the pipes but there are claims that it also aids in efficiency too. I'll report back once it's tuned and I can make a few pulls down the 1/4 mile in a couple of months!

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Besides so clean right now...I've eaten off dirtier looking places...you polished why?

Reactions: SaskV

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Besides so clean right now...I've eaten off dirtier looking places...you polished why?
Well.... "you may ask "why", Cadillac asked "why not?" ;) :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks great. Have you thought about getting the Kooks axle back to go with it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great. Have you thought about getting the Kooks axle back to go with it?
Thanks a lot! Had always planned to retain the stock mufflers.

Reactions: weimer

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks great, can eat off it! I've got a question. I too have Kooks LT and catted X. I'm looking to eliminate the cats and I'm wondering is it all 1-piece from the headers to the catback or 2 pieces?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, very happy with the Kooks products. Yes, HUGN*RDS those are the cats. Ceramic coating is primarily to keep the temperature of the hot gasses IN the pipes but there are claims that it also aids in efficiency too. I'll report back once it's tuned and I can make a few pulls down the 1/4 mile in a couple of months!
Yep the efficiency part is a fact. The hotter the exhaust gas, the less effort required for the engine to push it out. Cooler air is more dense, hence more effort required by the engine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took the car for it's first road test today... here's short start up and run clip. Exhaust is a little more throaty than stock, drives around like a stock exhaust but, WOT is a completely different story! WOW, I'm blown away!

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice sounding!
Curious why your taillights are randomly flashing once you started the engine or is that just an illusion.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
That would be the fps recording the LED discharging of the lights....they don't sync.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too am looking into this set-up, did you have to get a tune after all said and done?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts