Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It didn't take long for someone to post pictures of the Kong X port blower on facebook. They're having a meltdown over the lack of runner porting and the epoxy required to cut out this much material, but that is what it is. The blower case would never survive the welding required to allow this much material removal.

View attachment 156913
This case can 100% support the welding theirs is threads of people who have done it on the ctsv and I’m also one of them as well I dropped 4.5 lbs out of the snout and casing.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I’m pretty sure what Mike means is if you filled this much material into the case it would warp and distort the rotor alignment.

This is 2300 case, but the amount of material added here is massive.

Here is an epoxy free case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
I have blown a lot of epoxy out the exhaust side of many engines in the past.

I was very, very glad when aftermarket aluminum heads came along,
especially those from Dart Performance.

We preferred castings that were just a bit on the small side, so that
we could port the runner to the size and shape we desired.

With the above in mind; we needed a head with smallish runners, but
also one which had sufficient thickness within the casting, to do so.

But if we missed, we could easily weld them up, unlike cast iron, where we usually used had to use epoxy, such as at the 'pushrod pinch' on a small block Chevy.

-----------------------------------------------------

Depending not only on the fuel, and how high a velocity is reached,
will dictate how long epoxy will stay in place.

Velocity within an intake tract, has flow gradients.

Just because the mean velocity fits the engines needs, does not mean everything is well.

What about the localized velocities, where we might see velocities rising to Mach 0.5, or higher.

With a wet manifold, and a high velocity, epoxy won't 'always' last forever. But it's probably to soon to really tell where we are with these blowers yet.

In any event; as Matt stated. . . . These epoxied blowers work.
That's a start. . . .So where will this new knowledge / art take us next. . . .

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Matt's 'The Man'. . .
He does that using 87-Octane, diluted down with distilled water,
and with the ignition timing set at 15° ATDC and where 'Peak HP'
is found at 1,052 RPM..:po_O:D

Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Chin

·
Registered
2011 Black Wagon
429 Posts
Update…it’s been a while. Between starting a new work project with night shift for 6 weeks, waiting 6 weeks for the blower to come back and 4 weeks for a dyno tuner appointment, I’m disappointed to report that things did not go well.

Fore Stage 2 pump install, done
FIC 1300 injectors, done
2.45 upper, 9.14 lower, done
NW103 with Kong 5” intake, done but not without substantial modification.
ProMeth stage 1&2, done.

Go to tune appointment, misfire Cyl 3. Limped it there and back home after canceling appointment. On the way home, picked up large lag screw in RR tire. Started trouble shooting ignition and found 1 pin at the coil connector was Joe’d up. Fixed that, ran to Disconnect tire to get tire fixed, had to wait 2 hours.

Reschedule dyno tune 2 weeks out.

Just goes to show even when you think you’re ready, something always pops up. Kinda like racing, huh?

I guess the universe was telling me something?

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Reactions: Vwlove56 and Lt1z

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Update…it’s been a while. Between starting a new work project with night shift for 6 weeks, waiting 6 weeks for the blower to come back and 4 weeks for a dyno tuner appointment, I’m disappointed to report that things did not go well.

Fore Stage 2 pump install, done
FIC 1300 injectors, done
2.45 upper, 9.14 lower, done
NW103 with Kong 5” intake, done but not without substantial modification.
ProMeth stage 1&2, done.

Go to tune appointment, misfire Cyl 3. Limped it there and back home after canceling appointment. On the way home, picked up large lag screw in RR tire. Started trouble shooting ignition and found 1 pin at the coil connector was Joe’d up. Fixed that, ran to Disconnect tire to get tire fixed, had to wait 2 hours.

Reschedule dyno tune 2 weeks out.

Just goes to show even when you think you’re ready, something always pops up. Kinda like racing, huh?

I guess the universe was telling me something?

Nope, all of the disappointments, are all part of Drag Racing..lol
But one good pass down the track, and everyone is smiling. . :D :giggle:

Reactions: Vwlove56

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Black Wagon
429 Posts
2” headers, 1300 injectors-waiting on E85 sensor, NW 103, Kong 5” intake, Fore fuel system. I did change pulley ratios- 2.55 to 2.45 and a 9.1 lower. Making 18psi boost and climbing so went back down to 2.55/9.1 combo, 16-18 psi now. Thats about it. Prior was 525 ish? The high boost number is telling the story…need heads/cam.

101 - 120 of 122 Posts