Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, what’s the consensus on running the Kong 2650 on a sbe LSA? Too much blower? Would I be better off porting the 1.9? Thanks folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
The 1.9L is a tough bitch. Port it and pulley up unless you just like spending money.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m currently running a 2.5/8.6 pulley combo with stock blower, lid and throttle body. How much will ported blower, snout, 102mm and 5” pipe add? Recommended porters?

·
Registered
927 Posts
My car, cam heads... 2.5/9.1 Stock blower stock TB did 660 on 93. My tuner thinks with a max effort port and a 103 would gain around 50ish. Heads may make a little difference in gains so maybe 30 to 40 in your case. Will definitely bring the boost back up.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I thought the concensus was that doing the 2650 on any size below 400 really wasn't worth it.

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
The little blower will make less power on paper but will be quicker and more pleasant to pilot.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
Remember, the bigger blower takes more power to turn.

For bolt on only, no way I'd do anything other than a max effort 1.9

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Modern airflow dynamics does a sick max effort port... Not much more money than Kong really. I don't think Kong adds any material to the outside of the case for more aggressive porting.

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
I thought the concensus was that doing the 2650 on any size below 400 really was worth it.
Did you mean any engine size below 400 CID was not worth it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Modern airflow dynamics does a sick max effort port... Not much more money than Kong really. I don't think Kong adds any material to the outside of the case for more aggressive porting.
Do you happen to know the cost of a port job? Then I need throttle body and 5” intake. What are you guys running for bricks? The cost of the ZL1 lids is outrageous these days.

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
Porting: MAD, WCCH, Joker, Kong. I'd probably pick the best deal/ fastest turn around.

The 2650 has more rotor mass, so takes significantly more HP to spin. You have to make more power to get the same "at the wheels."

2650s work best on motors with much bigger heads and cams.

Small cams and LSA heads (ported or not) will be better off with the more efficient 1.9L.

The cost difference is very significant- even after selling your stock stuff off to recoup money.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Do you happen to know the cost of a port job? Then I need throttle body and 5” intake. What are you guys running for bricks? The cost of the ZL1 lids is outrageous these days.

If I could make a suggestion… Please.

You really need to put a camshaft in your engine before you add for the ability of the engine to inhale more air from such as larger TB’s, etc.

The biggest air restriction in these engines is the camshaft. It’s far too small and replacing it with the correct camshaft for “your needs“ will be the first thing to do if it were me.

You’ll get far more horsepower by replacing the camshaft then the TB and intake.

Cheers

·
Registered
645 Posts

I’d imagine you’ll be somewhere around 3k, another 1200 maybe for the ZL1 lid and brick

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Absolutely you can but I have a cam sir (post #5).

Great… I didn’t see it in your original post and I’m glad to see that
you’re including a new camshaft In your build…🙂

How much horsepower are you attempting to make, and it what Engine RPM?

Cheers

·
Registered
927 Posts
1600 base price for MAD port .. which is the one my tuner recommended for max effort. I think around 2100 if you get the bearings and stuff replaced.

800 for a NW103

Rpm 5 inch is like 500 I think.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts