Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

501 - 520 of 599 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
What intake are guys running with the kong 112 throttle body? I currently have a NW boosted 102 and a DDP intake but im trying to decide if its worth selling them and upgrading to the 112 after the 2650 gets installed? Does DDP have one that works with the 112?
As duck said, 112mm is 4.4” so A 5” intake should be good?

Pretty sure Ddp had a big “race” intake someone was testing that was 5+”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
As duck said, 112mm is 4.4” so A 5” intake should be good?

Pretty sure Ddp had a big “race” intake someone was testing that was 5+”

Yeah that was tested on mine. Didn't gain anything from the next size down.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Yeah that was tested on mine. Didn't gain anything from the next size down.
What size throttle body were you running? Any HP change with different sized throttle bodies? If theres not enough HP bump between the 102 and the 112 then theres no point to drop the extra cash?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
What intake are guys running with the kong 112 throttle body? I currently have a NW boosted 102 and a DDP intake but im trying to decide if its worth selling them and upgrading to the 112 after the 2650 gets installed? Does DDP have one that works with the 112?
Id be interested in your DDP if you do decide to get rid of it.. I'm going to be pulling the trigger soon..

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #506

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Skip to the 9:30 mark to get a little more... to the point - although in this video there seems to not be one. lol

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
It’s hard to appreciate the size of a 112mm from a photo but it is huge. Hopefully tuning isn’t going to be an issue. Time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Say, can you do me a favor? Can you stick two fingers in the top and two in the bottom of that 112? It would like, really work for me. :love:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I can't wait to see the results on your car!
So far the results for this lid is outstanding! I gained 22 hp and 24 tq over the ZL1 lid with superior cooling and recovery. You should definitely plan to add this intake to your build!

·
Registered
564 Posts
So far the results for this lid is outstanding! I gained 22 hp and 24 tq over the ZL1 lid with superior cooling and recovery. You should definitely plan to add this intake to your build!
Do you know if it would require similar machining on the blower case to running an LS9 lid on the LSA blower?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Do you know if it would require similar machining on the blower case to running an LS9 lid on the LSA blower?

I don't think so. It supposed to be designed to be pretty plug in play like when upgrading the CTS-V lid to the ZL1 lid.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I spoke to DDP, they said that after Cals testing they will be making an intake specific to the 112mm that should work well with the 2650. They have no timeframe yet as to when it will be released but they took my name and email down and said they will let me know when they are available. The best I can get out of them is that they will be ready soon.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't think so. It supposed to be designed to be pretty plug in play like when upgrading the CTS-V lid to the ZL1 lid.
Would you have to use a zr1 fuel rail (or aftermarket), and extend some fuel lines and wires due to lower height of inlet/outlet? Someone tried using the ZR1 lid in the past w/ the stock blower and ran into the above clearance issues.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Would you have to use a zr1 fuel rail (or aftermarket), and extend some fuel lines and wires due to lower height of inlet/outlet? Someone tried using the ZR1 lid in the past w/ the stock blower and ran into the above clearance issues.
I am not really sure. I do know they installed this lid on my car and I am still using the stock fuel rail.

·
Premium Member
3,480 Posts
Say, can you do me a favor? Can you stick two fingers in the top and two in the bottom of that 112? It would like, really work for me. :love:
The Spocker!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

501 - 520 of 599 Posts