Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2013 CTS-V, 6 speed manual, sedan for 6 years. Last month I got a message that stated no key detected, one start allowed. That was after starting the car and parking it to shop. I hadn't moved my key from my pocket so I thought that was odd. When I got home I replaced the battery in both remotes. I drove the car several more times until the message popped up again. When i got home i switched to the other key fob and drove it twice with no message. Any ideas what is wrong. It has a fairly new battery for the engine

· Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,365 Posts
Was the fob in your pocket when it showed the message? I had that happen a few times in the last couple weeks, working on the car where the fob was in my pocket, and I was standing alongside the car with the door open, leaning in to turn the key. I just had to take it out of my pocket. OR I've had it do it where the fob was in the cars for days, and I just had to hit the unlock button to remind it the fob was there?

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was the fob in your pocket when it showed the message? I had that happen a few times in the last couple weeks, working on the car where the fob was in my pocket, and I was standing alongside the car with the door open, leaning in to turn the key. I just had to take it out of my pocket. OR I've had it do it where the fob was in the cars for days, and I just had to hit the unlock button to remind it the fob was there?
I have had the car for 6 years and always have the key in my left pants pocket, when driving it. I have only driven the car a few times since I switched to the other key fob and replaced batteries in both fobs.

· Premium Member
62 Posts
I actually had purchased a bad battery and went through several until I got any longevity out of the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.