Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

K1

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  timg 
#1 ·
Anyone using K1 rod and pistons? I bought a K1 crank and was wondering did anyone have any issues with the K1 pistons and rods.

#2 ·
Cheap is cheap.

How much power do you plan in making and what RPM do you want to shift at?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Been running a K1 Crank on my LSX for the last three years making 1200+rwhp on my turbo car. No spun bearings, no issues.

#4 · (Edited)
You bought a crank, that’s a start. How did you resolve the block issue?

EDIT:
To us observers it seems a bit out of sequence that you’ve bought a crank. Given the damage done to the block, one would assume that you’d need to address the block solution before buying internals. SOME of the block solutions would include the crank, etc, so why buy that part before deciding on the block issue? The options for rectifying the block are fairly involved; buy a used block, a new block, a short block assembly, a long block or a complete engine or even have your block repaired (specialty job, likely cost more than a new block)
I would assume that you already made this decision but I’m curious which way you went(?)
My apologies if it’s been posted and I overlooked it.

#6 ·
You bought a crank, that’s a start. How did you resolve the block issue?

EDIT:
To us observers it seems a bit out of sequence that you’ve bought a crank. Given the damage done to the block, one would assume that you’d need to address the block solution before buying internals. SOME of the block solutions would include the crank, etc, so why buy that part before deciding on the block issue? The options for rectifying the block are fairly involved; buy a used block, a new block, a short block assembly, a long block or a complete engine or even have your block repaired (specialty job, likely cost more than a new block)
I would assume that you already made this decision but I’m curious which way you went(?)
My apologies if it’s been posted and I overlooked it.
I bought a new LSA block. Still waiting for it to get here.

#10 ·
I have a K1 crank, but went Oliver for rods and JE for pistons.

Tim
Timg, did your factory flex plate fit your K1 crank? Mine didn’t fit because the crank has less bolt holes than the factory crank. If not where did you purchase a flex plate to fit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.