Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to change the plugs and I've got a small seep coming from one of the valve cover gaskets. Any input on brands/parts to get or avoid? Stock motor.

Rock auto has Delco, Denso, NGK, Champion, etc on the plugs and Victor Reinz, Fel-Pro, Mahle, etc on the valve cover gaskets.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
OEM FTW

ngk tr7ix is still the best plug imo for longevity.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Mahle valve cover gaskets are probably the same as oem. The fel-pro swell pretty quick and won’t fit the valve covers if you pull them a second time.

ngk plugs

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just changed my Plugs and wires. I did use the stock plugs AC Delco iridians. I think it was 41-104 .... got them for 6.50 a piece at Carid. Double check the # of the Plug. Set them at 0.40 Gap. My car is all stock. Did the Red AC Delco wires also from Carid. Paid 57.00 dollars for them. The Red wires are the upgraded Set. They do research on what works best on these motors. The Plugs can be a bear on these. I PAID to have mine done. I also had the Valvle cover gaskets done at that time. I used Fel pro.... I dont plan on removing them...... I hope! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I replace plug wires while I'm at it? I'm having no issues and am leaning toward leaving well enough alone.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
GM OE valve cover gaskets are reuasble....why did you replace yours?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GM OE valve cover gaskets are reuasble....why did you replace yours?
I haven't yet, but I've got oil seeping from the original. 72,000 miles on the car.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blown376
1 - 7 of 7 Posts