Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Just replaced everything, problem still persists...

8K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  SeeTeaS-V 
#1 ·
2010 sedan. 131k miles.

Problems:
1. Clunking noise when steering left/right, even in park.
2. Extreme vibration under moderate braking above 60mph. (biggest problem)
3. Random front end noises.
4. Steering wheel play. 3-4 inches of movement with zero feedback from car.

New parts thrown at issue in hopes to resolve..

2 New front UCAs. (o;d bushings were not that bad)
2 new LCAs (just replaced by Previous Owner, probably not aligned)
4 new OEM AC Delco mag ride shocks.
2 new front sway bar end links
2 new rear sway bar mounting bushings

I have not taken it in for an alignment yet, because I'm pretty sure I have yet to find the real problem.

Do these Vs have common steering rack issues? I had a friend move the steering wheel, while I crawled under the car (safe), and the clunking noise seems to be easily repeatable just from moving the steering wheel back and forth. I found the PS res was low. Not even registering on the dipstick, so I topped it off and drove it. No change.

If I dont get good feedback here, I will buy new steering rack tie rod ends and replace those before getting an alignment.

Any help is appreciated.

See less See more
#31 ·
Hopefully you’ve found your problem, I’d still flip out. Not likely you can do anything on a used car being most are sold as is with no warranty. You’ve spent a ton fixing shit I’d at least put in a call to the manager and give him an ear full

Reactions: RobF300
#34 ·
Do not even consider not using Nordlocks! Mine is a full track toy so obviously significantly different stresses. However, prior to it leaving the street, I had at least 3 instances of the LCA’s slipping position even when torqued to “tight-as-shit”. Watched the tech torque to 235ft-lbs, had arms slip within 2 weeks. Never had a slip after Nordlocks!!

#37 ·
If so, this thread should be updated.

#41 ·
The control arm is coming loose almost instantly. I made it out of my HoA without a single tap/knock/sound. Next right turn and the bolts came loose and tap tap tap tap. My alignment shop seems pretty confident they can get it to stay in alignment, so ill give them a shot tomorrow at 9am. If that fails, the nordlocks are in route.

#43 ·
I don't recall my sway bar links having grease zerks.

#45 ·
Removed zirc fittings. I no longer feel it in the steering wheel, but the tapping is still there. I think i found it though. The exhaust is hitting the frame rail under my seat area. I crammed a piece of rubber in there and now its a permanent growl.
The alignment shop got me going straight and so far the LCA bolts are holding. Fingers crossed. Onto other gremlins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.