Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Matt for sticking with me as I kept going back and forth on a cam, first trying to decide between his cam and a BTR cam and then going back and forth on his Stage 2 and the 2.5 cams. He walked me through it, approached my logical side and help guide me to a decision. Looking forward to putting it in and waking up this beast.

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
You'll be more than happy with it. His post sale customer service is great too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just installed my stg 2.5 last weekend but havent got a chance to lay into it yet, still have to top the trans off after losing some fluid.

·
Vendor
13,110 Posts
Thanks to all of you for the business. The OP makes a good point about why I like to speak to potential customers either by email or over the phone before purchase of things like a camshaft package. Just putting those type of things in a shopping cart and checking out might leave you doing this job twice and most would prefer to avoid that. Something like an Airaid intake is the same no matter where you get it Amazon, Vendor, Summit etc...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
My only regret about my 2.5 deluxe package is not going stg 3 with mamo TFS or Mast heads instead.

Car made 720whp on his 2.5 with 4.5/102, fully ported blower and CNC heads from TEA. Plus the usual other mods.

It's a hell of a cam to say the least!

Reactions: wakiem718

·
Registered
214 Posts
My only regret about my 2.5 deluxe package is not going stg 3 with mamo TFS or Mast heads instead.

Car made 720whp on his 2.5 with 4.5/102, fully ported blower and CNC heads from TEA. Plus the usual other mods.
Was that on pump gas or Ethanol?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
93 pump. Install done and tuned at New Era.

·
Super Moderator
21,231 Posts
Was that on pump gas or Ethanol?
Probably pump gas, as he has a manual trans.

We have a very nice Brodix option that will yield impressive results, I believe.

New lower pricing on CNC ported blowers.
Now stocking Tony Mamo ported LS7 throttle bodies.
visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Vendor
13,110 Posts

It's a hell of a cam to say the least!

Those are good results.

I just did a local A6 car with Mamo TFS, Stage 2 cam, Ported blower/snout, 2.5/9.1, 102/4.5" intake, headers etc. Made 708/670 on 91 octane with ID 850s and stock pumps. This car has about 7* of timing on the table still to make more power if it had the octane to support it.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Absolutely love his stage 2.5 cam in my car. Totally different car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
93 pump. Install done and tuned at New Era.
Probably pump gas, as he has a manual trans.

We have a very nice Brodix option that will yield impressive results, I believe.

visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

Ahh ok. I was hoping that was on Pump. I'm on E85 and was hoping to pickup another 40-50whp with just this cam alone. (with tune obviously)

·
Super Moderator
21,231 Posts
From a stock cam? If so, I am pretty sure you will.

The stock cam is so small, and the ported heads flow so well at higher lifts, the gains to a good aftermarket cam are very significant.

visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
214 Posts
From a stock cam? If so, I am pretty sure you will.

The stock cam is so small, and the ported heads flow so well at higher lifts, the gains to a good aftermarket cam are very significant.

visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net
Yeah, from the stock cam. Its currently full bolt-ons with the LT1Z stg 2.5. Hopefully with the added power, I can run a little more timing off the hit and pick up .60 in the 1/4 and break into the 9's.

Reactions: wakiem718

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm really happy with my 2.5 also.

When I last dyno'd on 91 pump gas my car made 722HP with the following:
9.1/2.4, Jokerz blower, Mamo LS7 tb, Airaid, GMPP LS3 CNC heads, ID850's, pre-boost meth (in the intake).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Absolutely love his stage 2.5 cam in my car. Totally different car.
What's it like driving around town, light throttle, lost torque, feel soft compared to stock can and set up? And general fuel economy when not in it? Similar to stock or gas guzzler now? Thanks

·
Dick Pickles
5,843 Posts
I’ve driven mine around town, in traffic and even to a few car shows. There was no real difference and the fuel economy didn’t change at all. Even the idle was “stock-like”. I was slightly disappointed. That all may change when I actually take it out of the box and install it one day. 👍🏻

Reactions: Jim and Karch
1 - 16 of 16 Posts