Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Just FYI for the new SC

17K views 50 replies 27 participants last post by  I V 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks

#5 ·
That's what I did. Got a brand new SC 2 weeks ago and put a solid isolator in it.

Reactions: MYV
#6 ·
So if I read that correctly this is a "no fix" if the S/C has already been replaced?

#8 ·
So the solid isolator in the new SC has not fixed the rattle issue!? Are you saying you put a solid isolator in your brand new supercharger that already had one in it?

#10 ·
Factory isolator was spring loaded to prevent one noise, but created another they thought wasn't as bad. When people (or GM) have it replaced with a solid isolator, the noise GM was trying to avoid appears. There was a GM engineer on one of the forums discussing this a while ago.

Tim

#11 ·
Every Lingenfelter solid isolator I have installed, has remained silent. I attempted to install one Metco that was too tight. I clearance the holes a little and installed. It rattled like hell because I clearanced the holes just a cunt hair too much. I pulled it back out, installed a Ling Iso, and it's been silent ever since. And every car I've installed these on are driven hard on the street and the track. Even the new GM solid isolators make a "noise".

Reactions: Stephenti
#16 ·
Yup, just had mine replaced about two weeks ago as well... Over the past couple days the car has had what sounds like a faint exhaust rattle right at 900rpms (trans in D and foot on the brake), only with the trans in D this will happen, in P you don't hear it at all,...

Just to try and clarify, a solid isolator from say LF will take this "new" rattle noise away?

#17 ·
No. Your new SC already has the solid isolator.

#20 ·
The new SC from GM has a solid isolator and is the exact isolator that LPE sales now.

#21 · (Edited)
Got it...

Hmmm, I wonder if this bolt should be almost falling out..smh:mad:

Also.. Seems like the noise is coming from the belt tensioner.. Had someone sit in the car and hold the rpm for me while I listened, the noise is VERY audible when up close...did the old screwdriver trick and put my eat to it..

Attachments

#23 ·
So I just had my SC replaced ('11 M6 sedan) and I'm getting the rattle in the 700-900 rpm range. If I were to change the isolator in the new SC with the LPE isolator will it fix the noise? The original SC sounded a lot better (although I know the rattle at idle could've lead to failure on that one)...it's annoying for sure

#24 ·
harmonics. if you have stock pulley on it switch to an overdrive. you'll shift that gear noise below normal operating range and it'll be "silent" from here on out ;)

#25 ·
^^^This. An ISO change will not change the harmonics of the new SC. A pulley swap will.

#28 ·
You forgot the kicking and screaming hooker in the trunk. :eek:

#30 ·
Not for long

#34 ·
Well if your supercharge isn't making any nose, why do you need to replace it?

If it isn't making any noise, and you replace it with the solid isolator, you just voided the extended 140,000 mile warranty on the supercharger. If it makes noise, then you buy yourself a new supercharger.

Reactions: MYV
#42 ·
It's a solid iso, but some of us are experiencing a "flutter" or grinding noise between 850-1000rpmps on autos and manuals. GM says it's normal. A lot of people are getting their new SC's and putting in LPE solid isolators which is curing the "flutter" noise.

#46 ·
I wonder if the new design LPE ISO will cure the replacement sc grinding. Mine is embarrassingly bad. I think the updates gm ISO still sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.