Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Thanks

·
Third Times A Charm
1,212 Posts
Anyone that gets one should be doing a solid isolator right out of the gate, imo.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
That's what I did. Got a brand new SC 2 weeks ago and put a solid isolator in it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
So if I read that correctly this is a "no fix" if the S/C has already been replaced?

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
So the solid isolator in the new SC has not fixed the rattle issue!? Are you saying you put a solid isolator in your brand new supercharger that already had one in it?

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
So the solid isolator in the new SC has not fixed the rattle issue!? Are you saying you put a solid isolator in your brand new supercharger that already had one in it?
I think it's a different "noise"......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Factory isolator was spring loaded to prevent one noise, but created another they thought wasn't as bad. When people (or GM) have it replaced with a solid isolator, the noise GM was trying to avoid appears. There was a GM engineer on one of the forums discussing this a while ago.

Tim

·
Dick Pickles
5,749 Posts
Every Lingenfelter solid isolator I have installed, has remained silent. I attempted to install one Metco that was too tight. I clearance the holes a little and installed. It rattled like hell because I clearanced the holes just a cunt hair too much. I pulled it back out, installed a Ling Iso, and it's been silent ever since. And every car I've installed these on are driven hard on the street and the track. Even the new GM solid isolators make a "noise".

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Yep. Put a LPE solid isolator in. Had the snout off anyway.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think it's a different "noise"......
Yep it is a different noise. It only happens under light load conditions and is vary brief. If I put mine in gear (D) hold the brake and raise the RPM to 800-900 I can hear the gear nose from the rotor pack. But shit how many of us see 800-900 RPM for more then .10 seconds! :cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep it is a different noise. It only happens under light load conditions and is vary brief. If I put mine in gear (D) hold the brake and raise the RPM to 800-900 I can hear the gear nose from the rotor pack. But shit how many of us see 800-900 RPM for more then .10 seconds! :cool:
ah so that explains the noise i was hearing that wasn't there before the dealer installed the replacement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup, just had mine replaced about two weeks ago as well... Over the past couple days the car has had what sounds like a faint exhaust rattle right at 900rpms (trans in D and foot on the brake), only with the trans in D this will happen, in P you don't hear it at all,...

Just to try and clarify, a solid isolator from say LF will take this "new" rattle noise away?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Yup, just had mine replaced about two weeks ago as well... Over the past couple days the car has had what sounds like a faint exhaust rattle right at 900rpms (trans in D and foot on the brake), only with the trans in D this will happen, in P you don't hear it at all,...

Just to try and clarify, a solid isolator from say LF will take this "new" rattle noise away?
No. Your new SC already has the solid isolator.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No. Your new SC already has the solid isolator.
Ok, that's what I thought.. Then what's the fix for this "new" noise? I've had the car for roughly a month now, is this just something I need to live with, cause it's annoying but not the end of the world.. Maybe I actually do have an exhaust rattle, lol...at least that's what I want to tell myself..this issue is probably just as annoying as the rear brakes that keep squeeling this ear piercing high pitched whine right as I come to a stop, ugh..

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The new SC from GM has a solid isolator and is the exact isolator that LPE sales now.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts