Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
These would be on my list if I were ever able to turn this car into a complete track monster, but I still want to see what mine can do with the Ground Control conversion. Does the front shock shaft move freely through the spring hat or is the hat sitting on a lip?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yeah, makes sense and it's what I was thinking...what sits on top of the spring hat? Have any pics of them installed?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Sorry I don't...facepalm. I'll add some here eventually! They install just like stock; up front with the reduced spring diameter there is a nice amount of clearance to the upper control arm bolts (I have CS bushings with grease zerks and all) they bolt up to lower control arm, jack up through the upper mount and install the upper nut. The rears mount in stock shock location and the rear springs are obviously no longer needed, Rear install is super easy too. With my ride height settings I have no issues taking them in and out with suspension in full droop and zero spring tension in the coilovers.

The front springs have '1200' (could have been a '7', not a '2' but Im going with '2') stamped on the top most coil, rears have no marking. I'm sure I could get that information though.
Yeah, Ground Control uses 2.5" springs, so I also have plenty of room for the CS grease zerks. I was just trying to confirm that the spring hat sits inside of the OEM upper spring isolator. I ended up using the isolators from my V1 because they didn't taper as sharply and the spring hat fit a lot more easily, so I was curious if JRi had a different solution.

As for the 1200, that probably means 1200 lbs/in (or 21 kg/mm) which is A LOT of spring. It makes sense for a race setup, but that would probably explode my stock shocks, haha. I have 670 lbs/in springs up front, but am planning on swapping out for 780 lbs next year or thereabouts.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Any chance we could get some installed pictures? :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Naw, the rear is easy, thanks. I was just curious how the front is compared to what I rigged up.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Reactions: adam112

·
Registered
845 Posts
My main issue is not enough shock travel before hitting the bump stops. It looks like the JRIs have either a long shock rod or a shorter shock body. If I keep mine at its current height, it's probably "ok", but making it work like OEM is going to take some effort.

Reactions: V_Wagon
1 - 7 of 7 Posts