Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after checking different options for stage 2 on my V. I pulled the trigger on a Huron Speed kit. Jon was easy to work with and can't wait to get all the parts. Not going to be the fastest V but will be ton of fun for some 1/2 mile events and terrorizing some coworkers. Need to thank all the guys on this forum with such genuine information for all topics.

·
Vendor
12,965 Posts
So after checking different options for stage 2 on my V. I pulled the trigger on a Huron Speed kit. Jon was easy to work with and can't wait to get all the parts. Not going to be the fastest V but will be ton of fun for some 1/2 mile events and terrorizing some coworkers. Need to thank all the guys on this forum with such genuine information for all topics.
Going to have to change some things up on that car for it to work well.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Going to have to change some things up on that car for it to work well.
How well do your staged cams do with turbos instead of the blower? I know they're not optimized for it per se...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I figured as much. I don't claim to understand a lot about actual valve events...but expected that to be the case.

Meh. Leaning more and more towards leaving mine alone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I'll need to have you spec me out a new cam.

Reactions: Lt1z

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
I feel like I'm missing something from this thread...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing better than getting home to boxes of parts for the car. Pictures don't do these parts justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the link. Some good basic information.

·
9 Second Club
1,931 Posts
For what it is worth, a member ran twin 6262 setup with a Dallas Performance DP6 cam which is a positive displacement blower cam and made 1150whp with it turned up. Not ideal but not like its gonna kill you. He said the car felt like his car did on blower and spray doing rolls with it at low boost where it made around 850-900 and he made just over 900 on spray prior. He also said the turbos ruined the car though lol, and he sold it not long after doing turbos so take it for what it is worth. I think it is more of no instant kick in the pants like the blower for driving around and the bigger you go on turbos the worse it will be. That is also going to be personal opinion though on the drivability.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts