·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
Did you?

Looks like a really nice piece, and Vaporworx likes it a lot.

Sent from my local E85 station.

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
I might be the one, then.
I'm looking into a few things right now.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might be the one, then.
I'm looking into a few things right now.

I just spoke with JMS over the phone. They have their baps in few Ctsv. The max voltage you'll see pre-FPCM is 15.4 volts according to jms, or %45ish increase in fuel pressure. The part # you want is the jms2000-gm, the universal one.

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
That's what they told me yesterday.

But, I had read that for the KB BAP we can only go 15.0V.

I think the 15.4V is plenty for what I want.

I have another option that I'm looking at the gives about 80% increase if you need that much fuel, but I don't need that much.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just spoke with JMS and they told me i can use PM-2009-BOOST-GM or PM-2000-GM for my 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. I am looking into this one now as the new KB does not have the adjustable voltage. Anyone using this boost a pump yet ? I am leaning towards the PM-2000-GM model as you do not have to run a boost hose all the way to the front.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just installed JMS PM-2000-GM and went for a ride to make sure all systems still work. No issues at this time. I have it set to come up after 5Psi of boost. I noticed my voltage went from 14.5-14.6 to 15-15.1 even with no boost. I have no way to log so when i go to get my car tuned will report back. I followed the instructions that came with the pump. I also upgraded the FSCM fuse to 40amp as per JMS recommendation. More to follow

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
I have one, just not installed yet.
Looking forward to your results.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Today i went for a tune and again the fuel pressure dropped to 30PSI. We tested the voltage before and after FSCM after the BAP install and i was getting 15.38V before and 15.2V after the FSCM. Looks like the BAP did its job.
At this point looks like I have fuel pump issue and i will further investigate.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have one, just not installed yet.
Looking forward to your results.

Did you ever install the boost a pump Karch, if so what were your results?
I am looking to see if any Heads, cam, upper&lower pulley guys are able to get away with a full E85 and stock pumps with a boost a pump pre FPCM.

·
2X 9 second club
11,147 Posts
Did you ever install the boost a pump Karch, if so what were your results?
I am looking to see if any Heads, cam, upper&lower pulley guys are able to get away with a full E85 and stock pumps with a boost a pump pre FPCM.
I run one with good results.

I have a small cam (LS9), 2.5/8.6, ported blower/snout/tb, no cats, new era intake, and can run 70 percent. couple of other guys with heads, headers, and bigger cam could only get ~50 percent E from the JMS.

my car traps 132-133 consistently with the jms and 65 percent E vs 131-132 on 45 percent E and no jms.

·
Super Moderator
21,083 Posts
I haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting on a new product to allow higher voltages.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I run one with good results.

I have a small cam (LS9), 2.5/8.6, ported blower/snout/tb, no cats, new era intake, and can run 70 percent. couple of other guys with heads, headers, and bigger cam could only get ~50 percent E from the JMS.

my car traps 132-133 consistently with the jms and 65 percent E vs 131-132 on 45 percent E and no jms.
Awesome, thank you for the info, are you seeing your fuel pressure drop off @ 70% E and Higher?

I have heads, Decent size cam (slightly bigger than BTR3), 2.4 upper, 9.1 lower, headers w/o cats and wanted to be able to run full E85.
From what i research i have done we need to eliminate the FPCM and run a Dual/Twin Boost a pump setup. I have seen 2 cars that were running it this way and they have no issues, but i was trying to avoid doing that because of the extra wiring and tuning time.
Or.... we buy a fuel system :(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts