Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after searching forever for the "perfect V for me", I found it and it is now in my garage.. I bought a 2012 Black Diamond sedan. I drove from Illinois to Texas last weekend and picked it up. It has a ZL1 lid, Airraid CAI, trunk mount ice box (which I didnt even know till I got it home.. lol), and electric cutouts with remote. No Recarro seats but I'm OK with that. It does have the panoramic sunroof which will be nice if it ever f'ing warms up here. I need to check on the injectors to see if they are still factory or have been upgraded. The only real downfalls are that someone decided to wipe the dirt off it with a dry rag because there are microscratches galore and it had 87,000 miles but LSA so whatever.. Definitely, looking to get a few more cheap-ish mods before summer with porting and headers in this coming up this winter. So on to my main question.. Can I run a 2.3 pulley with the current mods or should I start with a 2.55?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
347 Posts
congrats on purchase!! also from Illinois almost sounds like it was possibly put back close to stock not many people put trunk tank ice box's without other more aggressive mods but then again you never know i would look the car over could possibly already have a pulley and injectors i would have a good shop check it over they will be able to tell you all the mods it has

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like a good score, congrats and welcome. I second getting it checked out by a good shop, find out what injectors are in there before anything. If you ever need any help or have questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
In Houston and been beautiful all week........RedTXV where is the car scene in or around Humble/Houston? Anything during the week at all?

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Definitely get it checked out, really odd to see a trunk mounted ice box with such little mods. Pics of the engine bay?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
congrats on purchase!! also from Illinois almost sounds like it was possibly put back close to stock not many people put trunk tank ice box's without other more aggressive mods but then again you never know i would look the car over could possibly already have a pulley and injectors i would have a good shop check it over they will be able to tell you all the mods it has
Thanks, man! I checked the pulley with my calipers and it is a stock press-on 3". I can't see the injectors so I'll take it to my buddy who owns a shop and have him take a look.
Definitely get it checked out, really odd to see a trunk mounted ice box with such little mods. Pics of the engine bay?
blu, I havent figured out to to post pics yet... lol

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Probably stock injectors. With what you have, switching to a 2.4 pulley, 850 injectors and the proper size belt plus a retune will get you some noticeable results with little cash outlay. I'd get a pulley hub that allows you to switch pulleys without removing the snout again. Also, check your isolator when you pull the snout to change out the pulley and put a solid iso in if you need one. Most of the blowers and replacements still have the old spring isolator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts