Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Kooks 1 7/8 headers and catless xpipe on my car last weekend. The car also has a mamo LSA TB and an Air Raid with a Green Filter. When i did the install I installed a wideband as well in the passenger side 02 bung of the x pipe. I drive the are after the install to make sure it was good to go and it almost stalled when I backed it into the driveway after the test drive. I figured it was due to the stock tune so I didn't think it was a big deal. I didn't drive it for a few days, until i had it tuned. Once it's over ~1,000 rpm it runs fine. The idle is a little rough (running BR7EF plugs now) and my fuel trims go straight to 28% once i let off the gas the go back to normal. It's not that noticable if your traveling at a decent rate of speed, but when I'm in stop and go traffic or backing up (especially on an incline) the car almost dies. It will stall if i don't give it a little more gas to keep it running. I've checked all the plug wires and they are seated on the coils and plugs (OEM wires with heat shields). What else could cause this?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The green filter needs quite a bit more fuel then the airaid filter and your ported TB might need adjustment too.
Ok. The air raid, filter and tb were on the car before the headers and it drove fine. The issue started as soon as the headers were put on. I double checked the plug wires and none are burnt and they were all seated. I thought that was the issue, but the logs don't show any misfires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't drive it for a few days, until i had it tuned.
If you had it tuned, have you called the tuner yet?
Yes, I told him what was going on and he made a few changes to the fuel trims the other day. I drove straight home after that and it seemed fine. Later that night the same issue was there. I haven't had time to meet up with him again yet since the other day.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Fuel trims are adjusted based on the difference between how much air the MAF says the engine is sucking down vs. how much fuel is being injected in to the motor vs. how much O2 remains in the exhaust. A problem with the MAF or the O2s will drive trims wacky. A problem with an Injector might, too. But usually you get a misfire error when an injector is flakey.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Fuel trims are adjusted based on the difference between how much air the MAF says the engine is sucking down vs. how much fuel is being injected in to the motor vs. how much O2 remains in the exhaust. A problem with the MAF or the O2s will drive trims wacky. A problem with an Injector might, too. But usually you get a misfire error when an injector is flakey.
Ok. I'll clean the maf sensor tonight as well. I removed the ibtake to do the header install, but left the maf sensor in the intake tube. I reused the 02 sensors from my stick manifolds. I had to use wd-40 to get them to break loose. I checked them before putting them back in and I didn't see an oily residue on the tips of them. I found this post while researching the issue the other day. http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/6-exhaust/40874-rough-idle-after-header-install.html#/topics/40874

I sent the link to my tuner and he said that this wasn't the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts