Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She needs curb feelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No she needs to walk..lol

Kinda come with the territory you know..

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ima see what the local wheel shop going to say.
Part of my mind says she going to do this again @ some point. I may just wait for the Big 1, you know the one that lets the air out the system.

·
Registered
579 Posts
We have our wheel repair guy fix stuff like that daily. Should be a cake walk for anyone that knows what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Thank goodness my wife can't see over the hood! She drove it twice and wasn't comfortable so I told her to find comfort in the passenger seat.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you rub her nose in it so she knows what she did was wrong?

Reactions: TmAlford and MYV

·
Registered
169 Posts
The right way? Remove tire, weld, machine wheel lip, refinish, install tire.

The cheapo way? Sanding block + 15 minutes (and maybe some touchup paint).

My coworker had this done to his BMW in the parking lot at work by some "mobile wheel repair" guy. I cringed when I heard about repair in the parking lot. Once the repair guy finished, I walked over to check out the repair job thinking the worst. I honestly couldn't tell which wheel was repaired—pretty impressive. Up close, looking in the exact spot on the damaged wheel, I could see a wave in the height of the wheel lip. I guess he sanded down the rough cuts and then hit the wheel with some metallic wheel specific paint. It was amazing how well it matched his factory paint.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Been there, done that. About the same degree of damage but on Satin Graphite OEM. That's called being "womanized". Fixed my own with some filing, sand paper and rattle can paint. Completely unnoticeable from any distance more than 1'. Do yourself a favor and take it off the car to fix. If you want a pro to do it, I'm sure these guys will fix it right:

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_services.html

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Thank goodness my wife can't see over the hood! She drove it twice and wasn't comfortable so I told her to find comfort in the passenger seat.
Bought M6 car because I wanted to row gears again on my weekend play toy, finding out after I bought it the wifey can't drive manual.. Priceless!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bought M6 car because I wanted to row gears again on my weekend play toy, finding out after I bought it the wifey can't drive manual.. Priceless!!
Every vehicle I've owned for the past 30-years has been a manual (except for an F-150 for one year). For most of that time my wife has never been able to drive any of my cars and has had no desire to learn (I've tried in the past). When it came time for me to get a new vehicle she said I could get whatever I wanted as long as it was an automatic, so I caved. The plus side is that we can swap cars and I can leave hers at the airport parking lot when I travel, but the down side is she is driving mine. We had a sit down and I explained the rules of driving/parking my car. So far so good, but I know it only a matter of time. The strange side effect is a vehicle has always only been a means of transportation to her, but she really likes the V.

The previous owner of my car must have parked by feel because the front splitter was destroyed and three of my four wheels have some varying amount of curb rash. I still need to get mine fixed, so I feel your pain.

·
Registered
344 Posts
you guys need to show your wife how to drive manual transmissions!!

my wife can probably drive a manual trans car better than most guys out there, hell she drives the v more than i do nothing like getting texts from your buddies that she out racing light to light against mustangs haha

but she knows how ocd i am about everything so in the 10 years I've been with her shes never curbed a wheel or hit any of the splitters on my cars and every car I've owned has been lowered

1 - 14 of 14 Posts