Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Is there any information on Porting the supercharger yourself? I have done home porting on heads before. Is porting the supercharger difficult?

If I was looking at paying for it to get the 1.9 stock supercharger ported by someone, How much HP is it worth? Is it worth the cost?

Are there people on the board porting the Supercharger for a good price?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

My thread on page 8 and page 15.

I think there was another recent thread where a guy welded up a bunch of the interior of the snout and reshaped it all.

Is it worth it? It depends on what you're after. Most off the shelf porting seems to max out at 850. There are guys making more that have done their own. If you want the max out of your blower and you're experienced and have lot of time and patience you can probably get a lot ouf of it. If you just want a basic port you can do that too, but you'll still have a lot of time in it. The best port is probably wcch through superchargersonline. You'll have a lot of time trying to find the sweet spot to cut to make the power theirs seem to. I enjoy the porting somewhat, but I'm still searching for power.

I have no idea how much power mine was worth over stock. I changed too many things at once and I don't care a lot about dyno numbers. I think people see from 30-80hp from having vendors port theirs. It depends on the porting and the rest of the combo it's going on.

Reactions: Karch

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you have access to a Bridgeport and know how to weld, you could take it on no problem. If you are trying to grind this out with a die grinder, I’d pass and pay a pro.

I have access to a Bridgeport and 3axis cnc and still sent it off to the professionals to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
13,302 Posts
Its something that can be done with the right equipment but that doesnt replace the knowledge of how to port it for best results. Porting has come a long way since 10 years ago.

We have some LS9 2300 cars making 4 digit power which was unheard of even a couple of years back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts