Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have the bumper off my car along with both grills and the fog shrouds. I did this after I removed the old clear bra to remove it and the adhesive it left behind. I removed the grills because the previous owner plastidipped them but did a poor job so I am going to respray them.

Is there an easy way to remove the wreath and badge from the front grill? It looks like it is riveted into the mesh. I was just going to tape off the badges before I redip the grills. What did you do?

I also plan on installing my black moon splitter and changing the 3k HID's out that came with the car to a 5k kit I just picked up.

Jay

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I just taped mine off. Later, I liked the look of the blacked out badge and wreath so I just taped off the inlay and sprayed the rest of the emblem with black plasti dip.

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
I'd just respray it all and the peel off the emblems when I was done.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
If I remember correctly on mine(coupe), they weren't removable. I did the same as others above, just taped it off the inlay sprayed the rest.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I taped off the wreath and badge and took it off this morning and it all came out great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts