Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V2 Coupe:

I've looked around and it seems all axle back exhaust are 2.5" I am finding.

I have American Racing Headers to stock exhaust and looking for something louder.

I will agree with everything I have found online it sounds great when you get into, but I am taking the car to the next step with a cam and other mods and just would like the car louder at idle.

Thanks in advance 馃敟 away at 1st post.

Registered
'14 Coupe
I'm not 100%, but when you do your cam + supporting mods, it will most likely be louder, if you have LTH and X pipe with no cats that is. I would try it first and see if it's loud enough.

Registered
I doubt there鈥檚 a 3鈥 axel back due to the fact that the exhaust is 2.5鈥 therefore the assumption is your running stock exhaust and just replacing from axel back. You would most likely have to look into a kooks 3鈥 x pipe then to the mufflers of your choice. Stainless works makes a 3鈥 cat back but you would have to modify the area where it connects to headers.

Premium Member
I'm running the 2" ARH with 3" X-Pipe into a Corsa Axle-back Sport and its plenty load. The brappp at cold start-up is most impressive and the idle volume is noticeable and I'm stock for the most part.
HTH

Registered
I have 2" headers to a 3" x pipe and untl 2 weeks ago had them running into the 2.5 Corsa axel-back sport. I recently removed the Corsa exhaust and welded up some 3" stainless exhaust to replace them. The tone difference was massive, the car is much deeper now without the Corsa sport. The car did get a little louder but not as much as I expected and it sounds way better. I dont daily drive the car so loud exhaust does not bother me and I love the looks I get starting it up at the gas station.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts