Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My title pretty much sums it up. I was wanting either stage 2 gp tunning or btr2. Is it okay to run these cams on stock lsa heads? My mods will be 9.5 lower, id1050, kooks headers, airaid intake, and cooling mods. This has prod been talked about before I tried searching threads can seem to find a answer. Thank you

· Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Damn Canuck noobs!

Reactions: Karch

· Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
421 Posts
There are cams that will make more power on stock heads. Usually require spring upgrade and good idea to do rocker trunions.

The best action to take is to discuss with the shop supplying the cam.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slizzo

· Registered
2011 thunder grey coupe a6 recaros.
1,079 Posts
Talk to Matt @Lt1z if your using his cam he will supply you with all the info you need as well as the supporting parts for the install. He’s One of the best vendors you will ever deal with

Reactions: V_Wagon

· Registered
4,438 Posts
I ran GP stage 2, still am, on stock heads. It was great. Only had to "upgrade" because of the shop that I gave the Chromemolly push rods, for use with Matt's cam, weren't put in.

· Premium Member
4,403 Posts
I ran GP stage 2, still am, on stock heads. It was great. Only had to "upgrade" because of the shop that I gave the Chromemolly push rods, for use with Matt's cam, weren't put in.
Yeah, that's why I did it myself! 😀

Reactions: Teh V

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Yeah, that's why I did it myself! 😀
If you saw my garage, how many tools I don't have, it made more sense to have someone else do it.

I don't think it was the shop owner's "fault", but it was because he failed to supervise his tech who was doing most of the wrenching.

@Nm600 you'll be happy with Matt's cam...I am @760whp on 93 as I was at 625 with stock heads and blower.

Reactions: V_Wagon and Ctarb1

· Registered
1,582 Posts
I have the GP Tuning Stage 2 on ported stock heads. Runs great. You can get the cam install package from @Lt1z with everything you need (springs, trunnion upgrade, etc.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.