Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so at this time I’ve got a 2.38 upper and stock lower. I’m honestly just kind of bored and would like to do something small and not really expensive at the moment for some gains. Would replacing my lower pulley and that’s it even produce enough gains to justify only doing that? I’ve got 100 lb injectors already. Might be a dumb question, idk. Thanks

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
That's a question you have to answer for yourself. If you add an 8.6" pulley, you can expect about 30-40 HP gain.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yup. I just added an 8.66 lower and stock upper and am enjoying the gains. Might be small but noticeable.

Will do 2.5 or 2.4 upper when I get the funds for injectors. Already have the upper (Modular System) waiting to go on.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Considering the amount of work involved, you may as well do a cam swap while you're in there. LS9/ZR1 cams are cheap.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Considering the amount of work involved, you may as well do a cam swap while you're in there. LS9/ZR1 cams are cheap.
It's really not that much work. All you gotta do is pull the fans and pop off the upper radiator hose to get to it. I didn't take out the radiator or drain it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's really not that much work. All you gotta do is pull the fans and pop off the upper radiator hose to get to it. I didn't take out the radiator or drain it.
Facts!

I did the same. Super easy. Three jaw puller for the old, and ebay balancer install tool that cost $14 shipped (all thread, nut, washer). Didn't do a cam.....wish I did cause now I got to take all that shit out again when I go to swap the cam.

v/r

Jason

·
Registered
157 Posts
I didn't mean that it is a lot of work, just that you're half way (well, ok, maybe 1/3 of the way) to doing the cam swap already, may as well do it while you're in there.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yup. I just added an 8.66 lower and stock upper and am enjoying the gains. Might be small but noticeable.

Will do 2.5 or 2.4 upper when I get the funds for injectors. Already have the upper (Modular System) waiting to go on.
Are you running this untuned?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Are you running this untuned?
No. I don't think it would be a good idea to run anything more than stock without adjustments to the calibration. There are Camaro guys that are running it on the stock calibration but again, I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
No. I don't think it would be a good idea to run anything more than stock without adjustments to the calibration. There are Camaro guys that are running it on the stock calibration but again, I don't recommend it.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts