Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
IOS13 Developer Betas worked fine in my car. IOS13.1 same story. No Issues with Bluetooth or CarPlay on my iPhone X. Once I plug my phone in for CarPlay Bluetooth disconnects as it should.

Just updated to the public release of IOS13.1 and same story no issues. My V is a 2016.

·
Registered
369 Posts
and damnit.
now im having issues with it connecting even plugged in. takes a few minutes to connect.
This is apple iOS 13.1 - I had no issues with CUE connectivity prior. It has since resolved itself SOMEWHAT.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
hate to suggest a change of habit, but may just have to plug it in for the time being.
Yeah, in the worst case scenario I was thinking the same. Seems like some CUEs are more affected than others. I've had nothing but problems with my 2017.5.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is another iOS 13.x release that just came out today (13.1.2), and one of the items fixed is something to do with a Bluetooth disconnect. Maybe it will help.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nope, 13.1.2 did not help. The dealer was able to replicate the problem which seems to plague 2017 CUE, but does not plague older or newer versions. What was interesting, GM said that it is aware of IOS 13 new software and tech, aware of the compatibility issue, but has no plans to release any more firmware updates for 2017 CUE. My service adviser told me that my CUE is outdated. I told him that a 2 year old $100K vehicle should not be obsolete, especially when under warranty. He had nothing else to add to the fact that nothing else can be done on the dealer's end. Seems like I can't use BT, and will need to hard connect my phone for now. This is a stupid problem to have...

·
Registered
109 Posts
no issues here with iOS 13 (11ProMax) and CUE 2018

·
Registered
110 Posts
FWIW, there’s another iOS update just out, 13.1.3, that mentions BT fixes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
2016 CUE2.5 works fine on all IOS13. Is your 2017 3.0? If it is 2.5 couldn’t they just load my firmware version and off you go?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 17 CTS-V and I don’t know if your problem is resolved but as soon as I got my iPhone 11 paired with my car it went crazy. The radio went off and on along with the clock and temperature reading being off. As soon as I turn my phone off everything clears up. My dealer told me he has seen an email concerning this issue but as yet no official notification.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else having problems with IOS 13 and CUE BT? My CUE music source cuts out and goes over to phone screen every minute or so after the IOS 13 update.
I have the exact same issues with my 17 CTS. Took it to the dealer but they haven’t been able to resolve.

·
Registered
52 Posts
iOS 13.2.3 (iPhone 8)and a 2017 V

I updated to that iOS version last night.

Now when my phone is connected to CUe via BT, I have the same issues as Dirty Vegas.

When I turn off my BT, cue seems normal.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
13.3 and same problem. Last time I checked with the dealer they were no longer looking to release any updates to my version of the CUE.

I'm personally fed up with some of the BS that we are made to live with after purchasing $100K cars. About 2 weeks ago I cancelled my '19 CT6 V order that I was waiting for since April, and placed a custom build order on 2020 M550i. CT6 V rollout was a complete disaster and the dealers are now sitting on these cars. The lease on the 2020 M550i is about $500 less than CT6 V, the BMW is faster, better looking, better fit and finish, and has more tech. Cadillac lost me as a client for the foreseeable future, and I'm sure they can care less.

I was also looking at an Escalade, but custom built an X5 M50i that gets here in two weeks. I'm going back to the Germans, I can't stand to see what's happening with this brand.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn you! I had no idea they upped the power on the M550i

I am now looking at one as well.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts