Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems with IOS 13 and CUE BT? My CUE music source cuts out and goes over to phone screen every minute or so after the IOS 13 update.

·
Registered
46 Posts
IOS 13 & CUE Problems

I use CarPlay exclusively for various reasons. No problems here (so far). Updated last night and used for the first time today.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'd wait a few days. iOS 13.1 will be out a week early on 9/24 as they found many small issues with 13.0.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Anyone else having problems with IOS 13 and CUE BT? My CUE music source cuts out and goes over to phone screen every minute or so after the IOS 13 update.
are you using CarPlay?
or are you saying you're trying to play music through CUE and when your phone is plugged in, it just goes to the phone?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you using CarPlay?
or are you saying you're trying to play music through CUE and when your phone is plugged in, it just goes to the phone?
Not using anything on the phone other than it being connected, and once connected all audio sources start freezing / resetting. Really annoying... I HATE my CUE with a passion.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I updated my iOS last week, and the very next day CUE wouldn’t let me use my phone hands-free when plugged into CarPlay, though it would play my music. I didn’t drive it for the couple days I was at the conference I drove it to, got back in, and it’s been fine since.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So IOS 13 update as well as iPhone 11 with IOS 13 is causing problems on my 2017.5 CUE. FML

I guess it is a waiting game for IOS update to come out and hopefully fix it, or (hopefully not) a CUE update which may arrive, if at all, 6 months later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those with problems, do you connect over Bluetooth or lightning/USB? Wondering if that is a factor. I have had some wonkiness with BT headphone audio independent from CUE. Hopefully 13.1 will straighten everything out

·
Registered
502 Posts
maybe try deleting your car from CarPlay in settings on your iPhone and then reconnect. its under general settings and then CarPlay

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
I'd wait a few days. iOS 13.1 will be out a week early on 9/24 as they found many small issues with 13.0.
This. Apple actually came out and said there were many bugs to be worked out and that most would be resolved with 13.1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The "critics" have been saying for a few weeks now do not update to IOS 13. Wait a week for IOS 13.1. IOS 13 was loaded on the latest Iphones and they could not remove it in time to ship, so they just released it with 13.1 soon after.

·
Registered
502 Posts
this is apparently a way of resetting CUE. try this?
Turn the vehicle on
Open the CUE faceplate, thereby exposing the storage area behind it
With the faceplate up, turn off the vehicle
Open the driver’s side door
Wait 30-60 seconds with the driver’s side door open
Close the door and start the vehicle
Lower the faceplate

it may also be a bluetooth compatibility issue. even being a "new" car, the BT is almost 5 year old tech in the 2016. not sure what class it is but could be the issue.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts