Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a V coupe with 15K. Installing TSP 2" longtubes. Should I replace plugs while Im in there? Im sure I dont need them but the car is a 13 all stock and getting ready for some boltons.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Yup

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
OK thanks and it looks like alot are using TR7IX?
We pretty much use those for when making extra boost. I did't change mine until I did the pulley, bigger injectors, cam and supporting mods.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Either those or the BR7's but on an otherwise stock car, not necessary.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
647 Posts
Replacing the plug wires is optional and can be done at anytime but the spark plugs need to be removed in order to perform the install. Since a pulley swap is probably in your future I would change the plugs now. TR7IX is what I use and have no complaints, I just can't remember the gap off the top of my head. I believe it's .26 or .28 but research it.

Have fun with the O2 sensor harness behind the supercharger. I literally had to climb on top of the engine and disconnect by feel since I couldn't see back there. Lastly be careful with the steering shaft. Mark it very carefully before removing it.

Headers only not the rest of the exhaust? When it comes time for the rest of the exhaust consider a one-piece driveshaft if you plan on making big power. Since the cat back needs to come off to get to the driveshaft you may as well do it all together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all your help. Im ordering plugs and the headers, catted xpipe gets installed Friday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts