Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man the wagon sounds amazing after installing the QTP exhaust cutouts. The burble when decelerating is awesome and it actually sounds like a 556HP car should. The best part is you can quiet them down back to stock when you need to. I'm surprised Cadillac didn't offer it as an option , like Porsche does with PSE. It was not entirely painless. I used 2 installers, a muffler guy to weld the units on and a car stereo shop to do the wiring. The transmitter for the wireless remote failed but the shop wired the switch and told me to bring the car back once I have the replacement transmitter. A big shout out to fellow member Mikes web page for giving step by step directions and what to look for during the install . Mark's 2011 CTSV - QTP install
Lets hope QTP is responsive on getting me a replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked mine up 2 days ago. Can't wait to hear it with the cutouts open. If it sounds anything like my LT/Corsa Extreme ZO6 I will be very pleased.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got qtp cutouts installed on my V Sedan right before the mufflers...perfect for quiet start ups and the ability to not piss the neighbors off and still be loud on the road

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's raining pretty bad right now I'll see if I can keep some up later when the rain settle down. If you are looking for something just a smidge bit louder over stock then this is the way to go. Any thing louder and you are going to want headers or a test pipe. The catalytic converters really tame down the noise.

I've got long tubes, off road X pipe, connected to Corsa Extremes on my Z06 and it sounds amazing with zero drone.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine is very loud at WOT with test pipes, no cats ,22" resonators and cut-outs with turn-down. But a clean and mean tone.
When closed, it is sounds stock, and goes through stock mufflers. Just a bit louder at start up.

If you have the QTP keychain remotes, that you put in your pocket or set them in the car, I would suggest programming them to your homelink garage door pad up above. In my pocket I was accidentally opening and closing them and you really don't want to force them once they are fully open or closed.....and would unexpectedly be open when I didn't want them to be. In the cup holders or velcroed to something in the car is not clean either.

The first homelink button is my garage door, second is to open QTP's, and third is to close them. There are many videos how to do this. When reprogramming do your garage door first, then the keyfob open, then keyfob closed.

If you want that ground and pound affect you can buy them from MME; or make your own by modifying the straight/pointless QTP turndowns Like I did. MME was out for a while so I made up my own.
https://www.mericanmotorsports.com/products/legitr-ground-n-pound-turn-downs-for-qtp-oval-cut-outs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq47lk8dbt9ggje/2018-05-02 19.22.50.jpg?raw=1

·
Registered
61 Posts
I put the MME turn downs on mine, just made better sense to get the exhaust pointed down than blowing up and around the bottom of the car. Tones down all the flashy chrome/silver bling under the car as well without getting out the bbq paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
^^Update, after running around with these installed I can attest they do change the sound of the car from the QTP, so called turn downs. The exhaust sounds less raspy and as the wife says “has more bass”. It does improve the sound in my opinion. Funny how such a simple mod can make such a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts