Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished and test fired with a Fore twin pump and ID1300s. I bought a fuel pressure sensor extension from Dave Steck, plugged into the factory harness at the original pressure sensor location, then run up to the new sensor on the Fore filter. The car runs. It's getting pressure, but the aeroforce is showing 0.

I tapped the green/white wire from the FPCM to trigger the fuel pump, and a hobbs switch to trigger pump 2.

Is there something i need to bypass or disconnect to get my fuel pressure reading to the ECM/aeroforce?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FPCM is still fully connected, nothing is changed with it, except that there are no pumps connected.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I even tried connecting a spare pump hat to see if it's some kind of logic system, to no avail. I can't think of anything else, short of a bad cable extension. I'll check continuity on the terminals tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
So just to get the obvious out of the way, is the sensor plumbed into the feed line or return line?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha it's definitely in the feed side. I put a mechanical gauge on the regulator and set the reg to 60psi. There's pressure on the line, but the signal isn't making it through to the pcm for some reason. Or at least not making it to the aeroforce.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Then maybe something wrong with the new sensor or wiring? Have you logged it with HP tuners? Btw, I have a Squash system and kept the pressure sensor for logging and it works fine.

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
Flex sensor goes on the return side, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flex sensor goes on the return side, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's where I've got it, it's post-regulated, then into the flex sensor, then back to the tank.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then maybe something wrong with the new sensor or wiring? Have you logged it with HP tuners? Btw, I have a Squash system and kept the pressure sensor for logging and it works fine.
Did you keep the fscm?

·
Registered
127 Posts
dont put the flex on the return line it will read different ethanol % based on the amount of fuel going over it so will be change fueling all the time, i was tuning one a while back and under a full boot less fuel would go thru and it would change like 40% lower in ethanol content (which means leaner ) if ur doing a long hard wot run and its enough time for it to correct the AFR it could end bad, on feed line it wont restrict anything works fine

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally got back to work on the V, I'm not getting a 5v signal to the sensor. I checked at the FSCM, and the brown wire is not outputting 5v. I swapped out a spare FSCM, no change. I've tapped the green/white (ecm) wire that goes to the FSCM to trigger my primary pump, as recommended by Dave Steck in an older post. Is it possible that triggering from that is screwing up the fscm signaling?

Any inputs appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts