Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 80+k miles on my factory pumps and a Dsteck kit in the parts bin for my motor build, which should cover my additional needs with ethanol on the new build.

Any reason to buy the AEM or DW300's versus sticking with tried and true OEM replacement fuel pumps?

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I also run stock V pumps and have the AEM's sitting on a shelf waiting to go in. I supplement with meth, but would like more pump (and injector) for future boost increases. Hoping to avoid the Fore expense and fuel scavenging issues. Curious what the peanut gallery thinks.

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I can even get OEM pumps without buying the whole assembly- so it might be a coin flip as I hear issues with both aftermarket options?

@lt1z

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Not sure if you can source the Bosch OEMs seperately.

I have two sets at home

46k miles
60k miles

AEMs from every piece of info I see (empirical) cant match the DWs for flow.

You know my opinion. Since you asked me the other day. XOXO

Quit circle jerking this.

DWs worth the money, the bad rap they got was for CELs initially. Mine have been the tits.

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great. I'm not really worried about the cost, nor the actual output (since both the fuel hat and Dsteck kit will cover my target goals). It's more about long-term durability and not having to do it twice!

Can we tune out the CEL via HP Tuners now?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Great. I'm not really worried about the cost, nor the actual output (since both the fuel hat and Dsteck kit will cover my target goals). It's more about long-term durability and not having to do it twice!

Can we tune out the CEL via HP Tuners now?
Can be tuned out yes. I never got it.

I also setup a 40 amp rated feed to the FPCM

Factory is 30amp and a little close with the drop ins full bore.

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can be tuned out yes. I never got it.

I also setup a 40 amp rated feed to the FPCM

Factory is 30amp and a little close with the drop ins full bore.
Can I just have you do this when you visit?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Can I just have you do this when you visit?
Sure, We'll need a beefy relay of your choosing, and some wire. And I'll have to go look at which wire is the relay trigger that has to be tapped from rear fuse block, lost my notes on that.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Sure, We'll need a beefy relay of your choosing, and some wire. And I'll have to go look at which wire is the relay trigger that has to be tapped from rear fuse block, lost my notes on that.
A "How To" post with details and recommendations on relays would be awesome. :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered the dw300c kit from 'Murica.

Already shipped so hopefully comes soon. He didn't respond to me on FB though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm loving these forums. Just gotta search a little and I can usually find something to help me. I'm about to take the plunge into cutting a hole for the pump access and trying to think ahead on fuel pumps thinking, I might as well just swap pumps and hat since I am there. What do I come across? ....this thread. NICE. Here I am about to order some DW300Cs and hopefully getting their FPR thanks to this thread.
Search DONE.
Now just gotta befriend Adam for some info on a hat and maybe a ...ahem...cover.
;):p:cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
so if im reading correct, dw300 dropins and tune out via hptuners, dual pumps @ 26-28amps for 30amp stock, 40 amp just in case?

i was going to swap hat so figuring would benefit from swapping out my 80k mile stock pumps as well :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
so if im reading correct, dw300 dropins and tune out via hptuners, dual pumps @ 26-28amps for 30amp stock, 40 amp just in case?

i was going to swap hat so figuring would benefit from swapping out my 80k mile stock pumps as well :)
hopefully you are helping those that help support us. Just sharing... ALM Performance :cool: I just ordered my hat from him this weekend.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Are those pumps actually proven to perform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which ones big K?

DWs IMO yes...I have yet to see consistently 'equal' reviews of the AEMs. (I know ASteggall has them and they work fine for him)

Depends on your idea of 'perform'

They will support 700whp on e, bapless, with 1300s at 2k ft in the southeast.

Most jump big with a stage 2 or further and the aux makes sense. Stack them together and youre pushing 7X PSI rail pressure on any 1.9 setup.

I added them for head room when I went flex with just the 9.55 lower, and then have experience with and without aux walbro on latest build.

They have been reliable for me and I don't regret them one bit...15k miles worth of E through them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
hopefully you are helping those that help support us. Just sharing... ALM Performance :cool: I just ordered my hat from him this weekend.
haha of course, i was following production from before they went on sale and purchased from his first batch i believe :)

though i do need a replacement hydramat as my dog chewed the one that came with kit :(

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
haha of course, i was following production from before they went on sale and purchased from his first batch i believe :)

though i do need a replacement hydramat as my dog chewed the one that came with kit :(
Sounds like you need a new dog...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
haha exactly my thoughts when i found it

any tune changes needed after installing these? pulse width? i imagine you all have the DW FPR if running over 65psi?
Nope on DW...factory FPR valve can only flow so much...with my pumps Im running over it.

Anytime your fuel pressure changes its a good idea to make sure tune is in line.

That said, it shouldnt change since you are running PWM system and will be commanding same pressures. Aux is what makes things interesting.

The DWs alone could only maintain 60 psi rail at the shift, on 1300s that gives me the ability to be ok, but not much head room.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts