Super Moderator
16,998 Posts
15 year refi is 2.625% at chase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RobF300

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Crazy...my current 3.75% was looking amazing two months ago...might have to look into a 15 year

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For what I did look around, car loans rate did not go down that much. I suspect that there is a good chunk of people out there thinking that this thing will turn around quickly. This may explain the "wait and see" attitude I got from dealers.

·
Premium Member
12,771 Posts
i think they teach them in salesmen school to always use that approach when dealing with whats essentially bullshit cars for people.
be one thing you were shopping for a Grand Cherokee Laredo they know you have a broad range of vehicles you could be looking at, a Trackhawk is in a league on its own. Yes you can cross shop it with anything in the 90k range but I think they are fairly certain you fall into a very specific captive market

·
Registered
731 Posts
Looking for a new car deal (on a car "in demand") depends on so many factors all I can say is good luck.

I would not ignore a lease return.

However, with SUV's it is a crapshoot on what was done to it, if anything.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
No deals as I am in the process of a new less with the Mrs. Porsche just drove a car up to test drive yesterday sanitized at least they are acting like they want the business. Masi are being dicks and with the pricing for what you get I have no idea how they are moving cars. We ordered a new car in November and they have been jerking us around since. It came in last week but was the 'wrong one'. They do have another car for more money. It is a chick salesperson so I am being nice as the Mrs. has bought a few cars from her. The Ghibli's are way over priced for what you get.

She is looking at a Panamerica, I drove it, it's a good car just ugly. The instrument panel and layout is typical Porsche and it handles in sport mode like it is on rails. This for a $150 more than what they are quoting on the Masi.

I use this to get the numbers for the lease. Lease Calculator Mobile by LeaseGuide.com

The delaers are adding in a bank acquisition fee of 1095 and dealer/state fees of 695. WTF is a Bank Ack fee ?

·
Registered
943 Posts
The delaers are adding in a bank acquisition fee of 1095 and dealer/state fees of 695. WTF is a Bank Ack fee ?
Profit.

Reactions: Unavowed

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Spoke to the dealer this is his response:

Porsche sets the Bank Acquisition Fee which is a fee that every manufacturer has. Doc fee is $459 title prep is $5, title fee $75, reg fee $55, inspection sticker $35. We based the payments off their tier 1 money factor which is 5.5%.

I call that a good ass fucking.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
do the 15, the rate may not be as good but it makes so much more sense. the payment may not even be that much

I may call my mortgage company too but they already have me at 4.2% what have refi guys been seeing in the 10-15 year range? I think I have 14 left on mine now
Yea when you sit down and sign the paperwork and you see how much you pay in interest you wanna get into a 10 or 15 year loan ASAP

·
Super Moderator
16,998 Posts
Refi 15 year is 2.625
Buy 15 year is 2.500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
No deals as I am in the process of a new less with the Mrs. Porsche just drove a car up to test drive yesterday sanitized at least they are acting like they want the business. Masi are being dicks and with the pricing for what you get I have no idea how they are moving cars. We ordered a new car in November and they have been jerking us around since. It came in last week but was the 'wrong one'. They do have another car for more money. It is a chick salesperson so I am being nice as the Mrs. has bought a few cars from her. The Ghibli's are way over priced for what you get.

She is looking at a Panamerica, I drove it, it's a good car just ugly. The instrument panel and layout is typical Porsche and it handles in sport mode like it is on rails. This for a $150 more than what they are quoting on the Masi.

I use this to get the numbers for the lease. Lease Calculator Mobile by LeaseGuide.com

Maserati dealers around here (Seattle) are literally desperate for business and this was before the COVID 19 crisis...they advertise 15K, even all the way to 25K off Levante SUV and Ghibli...

Their salesman calls me often to try to sell me a Levante GTS.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts