Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm currently getting my car retuned (remotely) since I felt there was more refinement to be had with part throttle driveability. The car is driving noticeably better but I still feel there's another level that it could get to but that's a story for another day.

I'm looking for some insight on a issue I'm having. When coming to a stop, I put the car into neutral (M6) & the rpms drop to the set idle rpm like normal but there's always a slight surge of a couple hundred rpm (700-900ish) before it officially settles. It only surges once and doesn't move after the fact.

I have hp tuners pro with a AFR500 V2 & I'd be open to play with some areas of the tune.

I can post up my tune file later on if anyone is interested in taking a peek. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Allan

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tough crowd.

Well I've decided to start down the DIY tuning route. After taking the time to go through my tune file, I found some stuff that caught my eye that I assumed should of been changed. Of course I'm a complete noob at this so any insight is appreciated.

First was the ETC area scalar. It was set to the stock 5060 & with a ported 90mm, I figured that should be changed. I swapped it to 5636 for the 90mm which is what i found online.

Does the ported 90mm need a different area vs a stock 90mm?

Second was some of the injector data wasn't exactly like the data off the ID site. This is my second tuner & it's interesting that the info wasn't exact from tuner to tuner. I found a file on hptuners.com from Dseck with the correct data for the ID850s & swapped it in.

The "pros" I've used from tuners to alignment guys on this car have been the definition of disappointing. Looks like I'll be a DIY master in no time.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've not needed to change ETC scalar for a ported vs. a non ported 90mm. That doesn't mean it won't help, but it seems like 5636 has been fine for a ported LS3 and an unported LS2 (I just ported the LS2, but haven't started it up yet).

What I had luck with battling surge was timing. I don't have my tuning tablet in front of me right now to tell you the exact name or where to find it. But there are tables for idle timing overspeed and underspeed. Playing with those helped my surging issue.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen those, I'll take a look. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,701 Posts
i had the same issue with my automatic, granted it wasnt every time and mine is an auto but the issue was the idle was too low. The car is basically compensating to prevent stalling out. I dont know the technical term for it but thats what was happening to mine. It was alarming sometimes because the car would lunge forward a little bit

stock cam?
whats your idle at now? raise it a little it might solve all your issues.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M6 with a GP tuning stage 1. It idles at 700ish, varies by 50rpm.

Found a thread on the hptuners forum for setting up idle. Going to go through that and see what I end up with.

What a waste paying for a tune.

·
Vendor
12,944 Posts
M6 with a GP tuning stage 1. It idles at 700ish, varies by 50rpm.

Found a thread on the hptuners forum for setting up idle. Going to go through that and see what I end up with.

What a waste paying for a tune.

View attachment 144582
While 700 is fine for a stage 1 cam id start by bumping it to 750.

If you wan to send me the file Ill take a look at it

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate it.

Email sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts