Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that 1/2" spacers are needed to install ID1000 injectors. I've also read that the Katech LS7/LS3 fuel rail spacers are needed to install ID1000 injectors. Well, I went ahead and ordered the Katech LS7/LS3 spacers. Now that I have them in hand, they are almost 1" which seems too big considering the height difference of the stock injectors compared to the ID1000's. Can anyone that has personally installed ID1000 injectors in their V confirm what size spacer is needed.

http://store.katechengines.com/fuel-rail-spacer-ls7ls3-p17.aspx

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I don't think they will work on the V. There is very little room, Height wise on the supercharger. Aftermarket rails will not fit. It all mounts too close to the supercharger.

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac CTS-V IMSA Championship Edition
299 Posts
I have had ID1000 injectors on my V for about 2 years.... contact [email protected] and he can fabricate the exact spacers you need. No fitment issues at all on my V and my duty cycle is now very low after upgrading from 63lb injectors. I am sure there are other performance shops that can also provide you with spacers and with the correct spacers, the ID1000's will work on your V.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had ID1000 injectors on my V for about 2 years.... contact [email protected] and he can fabricate the exact spacers you need. No fitment issues at all on my V and my duty cycle is now very low after upgrading from 63lb injectors. I am sure there are other performance shops that can also provide you with spacers and with the correct spacers, the ID1000's will work on your V.

Do you mind measuring your spacers? I picked up some 1/2" ones from the hardware store this morning hoping they'll work. I can get other sizes too if needed.

·
Registered
345 Posts
All you need are the spacers? They clear the lid on the sc no interference anywhere? Ive been thinking about getting these but would hate to do a ton of other mods to get them to work

60 Posts
Do you mind measuring your spacers? I picked up some 1/2" ones from the hardware store this morning hoping they'll work. I can get other sizes too if needed.
Give us a call and I'll help you out. The spacers need to be exact, if not there will be interference.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm all for supporting forum vendors. I've purchased parts from Red Barron and DSteck. I don't think that the height of fuel rail spacers are propriety information. I would have gladly ordered the spacers from SNL last week so my install would go smoothly, but I'm tired of driving my car like an old lady. I need to swap out my DW injectors for thses ID's this weekend. I guess I'll find out the exact height needed this weekend. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
299 Posts
My V is at SNL right now so I can't take any measurements without driving over there. When SNL fabricated the spacers for my ID1000's no one seemed to know what it would take to get them to fit and his fabricator had to make a set. He has since sold several sets of spacers but hopefully Steve will help you out. I see that he replied to this forum posting... did you give him a call?

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
The half inch spacers are too tall, the right size is a 1/4 inch and you can re-use all the stock bolts. I couldn't find 1/4 inch spacer so I 4 washers for each bolt. oh and patience when putting the fuel rail in or you will fuck up the O-rings.

I found a site not too long ago that sells these spacers and they are like less than 10 cents each, I wll find it again and post it here.

BTW fuck this proprietary info bullshit, it's just a little spacer. Just say if you sell or not a 1/4 spacer. DONE!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks basa.

Good vendors are like, "here's what you'll need and by the way I sell them". Simple, effective and builds a relationship that helps both parties.

·
Registered
299 Posts
burnrbr, I totally agree with your comment. That is what I really like about Ben at Weapon X. He is always very helpful, responsive and will treat V owners fairly. SNL has always done the same for me and gone above and beyond to help me achieve my desired objectives. It is not always about the "sell" but rather the relationship and sometimes you have to "give to get". I try to always help others "learn" from my experiences and nothing I have done to my V is "secret". That's why I created my website so that other V owners would not have to reinvent the wheel when they start down the path of power adders and upgrades. Not saying my mods are the "best mods" but I am pleased with the results.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The half inch spacers are too tall, the right size is a 1/4 inch and you can re-use all the stock bolts. I couldn't find 1/4 inch spacer so I 4 washers for each bolt. oh and patience when putting the fuel rail in or you will fuck up the O-rings.

I found a site not too long ago that sells these spacers and they are like less than 10 cents each, I wll find it again and post it here.

BTW fuck this proprietary info bullshit, it's just a little spacer. Just say if you sell or not a 1/4 spacer. DONE!
So what your saying I'll come by later today and take yours ??? :)

BTW I agree with you 100%, why can't people just post the information. I mean really keeping quite on the size of spacer needed; that's like $10 worth of product..

Thanks for the information BASA, makes the forums worthy when we help each other....

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Sure.. If you spend money on some expense shit I'm going to beat you up with a stick

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

60 Posts
As I told the gentleman asking for the spacers, we've got a few sets being done at the machine shop. They are not $.10 worth of material and machining.

The correct spacer dimensions are -

4 @ .310" w/6mm ID hole
1 @ .380" w/6mm ID hole

To have your average machine shop stop and make these 5 spacers isn't cheap, we sell them for $50 and they're cnc from bar stock to a tolerance of +/- .001" (on the same machines that do our clutch product).

For what it's worth, just because someone doesn't give you what you want for free doesn't make them a bad vendor. When I sell the ID's I provide the spacers to the customer, I'd like to think that whoever is selling these injectors to you guys would do the same, if not, they are doing you a disservice. It stands to reason that anyone that has purchased those injectors from me could have easily posted the dimensions...

If anyone has any other questions feel free to email or call me.

Reactions: BluFlame
60 Posts
I think this is a bit of an exaggeration.
Why would you say that?

Granted, this is a personal view of you and me, but, if I buy a set of injectors that are sold as a replacement for the car I have I would expect to be able to install them when I get them. The last thing I'd want is to tear the car down and find myself needing more stuff to get the injectors to fit. To me, this would be a disservice.

·
Vendor
3,999 Posts
Why would you say that?

Granted, this is a personal view of you and me, but, if I buy a set of injectors that are sold as a replacement for the car I have I would expect to be able to install them when I get them. The last thing I'd want is to tear the car down and find myself needing more stuff to get the injectors to fit. To me, this would be a disservice.
In this case, they weren't sold as a direct replacement (because they aren't), and I told him he'd need spacers.

FWIW...

www.grainger.com
Part numbers 6TB90 and 6MYX7. $31.81 shipped and it's enough for two vehicles. Nylon would be even cheaper.

0.001" tolerance is nice, but completely irrelevant considering the o-ring to o-ring measurement is 0.551" longer for ID1000s compared to stock injectors (almost 3/16" more than the spacers) which means the rail has tons of play in where the injector o-ring can seat inside the cup.

60 Posts
In this case, they weren't sold as a direct replacement (because they aren't), and I told him he'd need spacers.

FWIW...

www.grainger.com
Part numbers 6TB90 and 6MYX7. $31.81 shipped and it's enough for two vehicles. Nylon would be even cheaper.

0.001" tolerance is nice, but completely irrelevant considering the o-ring to o-ring measurement is 0.551" longer for ID1000s compared to stock injectors (almost 3/16" more than the spacers) which means the rail has tons of play in where the injector o-ring can seat inside the cup.
I'd agree with that, if you tell them it needs spacers then it's not the same thing.

You're also correct on the tolerance, but, it's the tolerances we deal with here.

Obviously you've sold a few of these, have you ever installed them?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts