Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has a few bolt on mods with cam. (High 500s low 600s) I'm assuming. Car drives good but checked my IAT2 temps on my Aeroforce gauge and I was showing around 110ish cruising in 85+ degree weather and after pull itll jump up to 130+. I heard 140+ it will pull power? and does anyone know usually by how much?

I'm running a larger heat ex-hanger and pump. But was thinking about a meth kit? what do most of you guys use for heat issues?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am thinking about the same thing, my V lid was around 20 degrees over ambient, just upgraded to ZL lid and now about 15 over ambient, but on a 40 to 100 mph WOT I hit 140 degrees. That is where the car starts to pull timing. Need to figure out how to keep things cool?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Achilles heel in this car is the supercharger brick. It is just too small to help with heat extraction. Most people put in trunk ice tanks or under hood ones which only help for short periods of time. I have a bigger HX and a bigger pump as well and i see same temps while cruising. If i do any pulls temps jump to 130 but seem to recover much faster than it did with stock system. In the end the bigger heat exchanger and pump all it does is it helps with how fast the system recovers.
The only way to fix IAT2 temps is meth or Kongs new brick system for stock V lids

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Achilles heel in this car is the supercharger brick. It is just too small to help with heat extraction. Most people put in trunk ice tanks or under hood ones which only help for short periods of time. I have a bigger HX and a bigger pump as well and i see same temps while cruising. If i do any pulls temps jump to 130 but seem to recover much faster than it did with stock system. In the end the bigger heat exchanger and pump all it does is it helps with how fast the system recovers.
The only way to fix IAT2 temps is meth or Kongs new brick system for stock V lids

Just curious would you happen to know how much power is usually pulled after car pulls timing around the 140 mark? Idk if its in my head but it feels like car would lose a whole 100hp when i do some pulls. But yeah I will most likely end up doing a meth kit. its my best bet.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just curious would you happen to know how much power is usually pulled after car pulls timing around the 140 mark? Idk if its in my head but it feels like car would lose a whole 100hp when i do some pulls. But yeah I will most likely end up doing a meth kit. its my best bet.
Not sure how much actual power, but it starts to pull timing at 140 degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts