Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Cunts,

I have a 2009 6MT V currently with only an air raid intake and cutouts. I have under $2,000 budget and want to mod my car and have a couple different options so I would love some help. The dealer replaced the supercharger isolator pulley about 4k miles ago and the car has about 26k miles.

A friend of mine has 1- 7/8 Kooks headers and Xpipe (used) he will sell me for cheap so I can have those two installed for about $500 and have the car tuned and that will cost about $500 keeping me under my budget

OR

I can do a 2.55 pulley, ID850 injectors and a tune however with those I hear you should really get the ZL1 lid and HX so the stock brick doesnt collapse and that all puts me way above my budget..

Do I have the headers and x-pipe installed and wait on the tune or just have those installed the spend the $500 on the tune?

OR

Do I get the headers and x-pipe and save up for the rest and do it all at once? I would be pretty happy with just headers, x-pipe and a tune. I would rather not get into issues down the line.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,400 Posts
depends what the guy will charge you for a retune to wait or mod now

dont wait, I did and I regret waiting
someone had good luck with basically stock and e85, good bang for the buck and you at least have the sensor set up in place for future mods

you dont NEED the ZL1 lid thats nonsense

if the dealer put another spring loaded iso in there you will want to change that as well

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends what the guy will charge you for a retune to wait or mod now

dont wait, I did and I regret waiting
someone had good luck with basically stock and e85, good bang for the buck and you at least have the sensor set up in place for future mods

you dont NEED the ZL1 lid thats nonsense

if the dealer put another spring loaded iso in there you will want to change that as well
I do not know what he will charge to retune the car if and when I do more mods but he did say the tune is $500 which isnt bad for HP tuners. The kooks headers and xpipe together shipped are gonna run me $500 so I really cant pass up that deal. We only have 2 E85 stations in CT and the closest one is an hour away so thats a waste IMO.

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
I would get injectors and a 2.45” Griptec, the headers, and a tune.

Anything left over, save it for fuel, you’re going to be in the throttle a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I would get injectors and a 2.45” Griptec, the headers, and a tune.

Anything left over, save it for fuel, you’re going to be in the throttle a lot.

Would that be ~$2000 by installing yourself, or includes labor?

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
He said $500 to get and install the headers.
$500 for the tune.

So that’s $1l for injectors and Pulley, install isn’t hard on either, and op could find them used if he looks and wants to go that route.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is my mod list and what you could expect to pay.

ID1050X $850-$1000 (used, new, vendor)
LPE hub $65
2.38 LPE pulley $102
Belt $25
TUNE $600
AIRAID CAI $300

That's just shy of $1800 if you get rid of the CAI, and if you do the labor. Be wise that the 2.38LPE hub requires machining the snout, where I think maybe the Griptec doesn't? On a dyno jet dyno my car made 593 RWHP. I also did flex kit and the car made 650RWHP on E60 but my fuel pump is maxed out so.....that's more money to get that issue taken care of.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You're going to get lots of opinions but here is mine. I would remove the factory exhaust and get that car breathing correctly by putting some headers to a cat-less X to the stock mufflers. Do that along with a tune and you'll get a minimum of 40 horses. Don't hold me to that, but that is what I personally gained on a Mustang dyno.

For round 2 follow Sevy's advise but toss in a good HX. Also the 2.38 pulley is an awesome little mo-fo. I have the griptec and it didn't require milling the snout only a little grinding. If you don't wont want to worry about grinding then just stick to the 2.40 as that pulley requires no modifications to the snout.

Good luck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My vote is to keep saving. Because you won’t stop scratching that itch. Seriously save another $2k. Do flex fuel, headers, 2.35 griptech, solid iso, EMP pump, reinforce your brick, a new hx and tune it. Oh and injectors. Maybe save a little more

·
Registered
871 Posts
First get the headers even if you don't install now. You'll kick yourself later if you don't. Do you do your own install work? I'd go with FIC 850 injectors or used ID 850s from the forum to save a few dollars. Add the Griptec 2.45 and a track attack HX. You don't need the ZL1 lid at this point. Depending on source you could be around $1500 for those parts. Depending on how soon you can save another $500 for the tune, you could buy the headers and other parts now and hopefully install and tune in a few months. Mont Motorsports has the FIC 850 on sale for $559 right now. Weapon-X has the track attack HX on sale for $575. Besides a pulley you'll also need a belt, plugs and misc. stuff. Most vendors Stage 1 packages also include an Airaid which you already have. Contact them and see if you can get a package deal with what you need.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys, I have saved the $2k over a year or more and it would be a while until I could save more so while I have the $2k I want to do the mods and or tune now. I want a light build and I was just trying to decide between the options I put above. We do not have flex fuel in CT and the one we do is an hour away so thats not an option. I have a wife and kid and bills so I do not have the option to dump a bunch of $ into the car, I am lucky to have it as is.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're going to get lots of opinions but here is mine. I would remove the factory exhaust and get that car breathing correctly by putting some headers to a cat-less X to the stock mufflers. Do that along with a tune and you'll get a minimum of 40 horses. Don't hold me to that, but that is what I personally gained on a Mustang dyno.

For round 2 follow Sevy's advise but toss in a good HX. Also the 2.38 pulley is an awesome little mo-fo. I have the griptec and it didn't require milling the snout only a little grinding. If you don't wont want to worry about grinding then just stick to the 2.40 as that pulley requires no modifications to the snout.

Good luck.
This is more of the info that I was looking for however I would not go with of an aggressive pulley like the 2.38 I would stick with the 2.5 or 2.55. If and when round 2 comes I will save some money after round 1 and see where I am.

I guess I was more concerned with is..... "will headers xpipe and a tune be a decent sound and power upgrade"? I know power wise it isnt much but at this point i just wana do minor things.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello Cunts,

I have a 2009 6MT V currently with only an air raid intake and cutouts. I have under $2,000 budget and want to mod my car and have a couple different options so I would love some help. The dealer replaced the supercharger isolator pulley about 4k miles ago and the car has about 26k miles.

oh for $500 get it

A friend of mine has 1- 7/8 Kooks headers and Xpipe (used) he will sell me for cheap so I can have those two installed for about $500 and have the car tuned and that will cost about $500 keeping me under my budget

OR

I can do a 2.55 pulley, ID850 injectors and a tune however with those I hear you should really get the ZL1 lid and HX so the stock brick doesnt collapse and that all puts me way above my budget..

Do I have the headers and x-pipe installed and wait on the tune or just have those installed the spend the $500 on the tune?

OR

Do I get the headers and x-pipe and save up for the rest and do it all at once? I would be pretty happy with just headers, x-pipe and a tune. I would rather not get into issues down the line.

Thoughts?

for $500 get it and with labor that leave you will $1000 to play with with that money i will just do a pulley and try to get some injectors then save save for a HX

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
This is more of the info that I was looking for however I would not go with of an aggressive pulley like the 2.38 I would stick with the 2.5 or 2.55. If and when round 2 comes I will save some money after round 1 and see where I am.

I guess I was more concerned with is..... "will headers xpipe and a tune be a decent sound and power upgrade"? I know power wise it isnt much but at this point i just wana do minor things.
I'd have to go hunting, but I might have a pulley...and a filter..

·
Premium Member
12,400 Posts
Guys, I have saved the $2k over a year or more and it would be a while until I could save more so while I have the $2k I want to do the mods and or tune now. I want a light build and I was just trying to decide between the options I put above. We do not have flex fuel in CT and the one we do is an hour away so thats not an option. I have a wife and kid and bills so I do not have the option to dump a bunch of $ into the car, I am lucky to have it as is.
so no turbo?

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you are not doing E85, you can find some ID850's for sale in the classifieds section for around $550-$600. LPE 2.55 pulley kit for $349. Tune for $600, I did a remote tune and got a 6 month free tune update in case I want to mod more. If you really want the headers that puts you at $2050. I have heard from some people that headers don't gain you much with these cars but I don't have personal experience with them on these cars. I would skip the headers and invest the money into some good sticky tires. My 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.