Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang just checking. I now have 284900 on my 2009 V2 Sedan. This car has several bolt ons and aggressive tune. To date I have the stock water pump, alternator, fuel pump, oil pump, and rear end. Also the heads have never been off the car. (stock cam, rockers and lifters). Is there anyone out there that has more miles? The car still runs and drives like new. No oil burn and no ticking from the motor.

FYI, I bought the car with 40K on it.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Hey gang just checking. I now have 284900 on my 2009 V2 Sedan. This car has several bolt ons and aggressive tune. To date I have the stock water pump, alternator, fuel pump, oil pump, and rear end. Also the heads have never been off the car. (stock cam, rockers and lifters). Is there anyone out there that has more miles? The car still runs and drives like new. No oil burn and no ticking from the motor.

Wow

That is miles or Kilometers?

In how many years?

No axle/differential issues?

Did you get the lid warranty done?

How often are you changing oil?

Reactions: BradBoling

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow

That is miles or Kilometers?

In how many years?

No axle/differential issues?

Did you get the lid warranty done?

How often are you changing oil?
I bought the car in 2014 with 40K miles on it.
No axle or Diff issues (I change every 50K)
Yes the charger was changed at 100K
I recently had a brick leak. (changed with Lingenfelter brick)
Also recently went with Weapon X heat exchanger (Should have done it a long time ago)
Oil Changed when the DIC timer tells me too. (ALWAYS have used Lucus synthetic oil stabilizer)

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
You do some driving.

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
09's FTFW! That's a lot of gas receipts!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in sales and on the road every day. The way I look at it. If I have to spend this much time in a car, I want to be in something like a V. If this motor fails I will put in another and go another 300K. My last car was a C6 vette Procharged. I sold it with 195K still runs great (Sold it to a friend).

·
Registered
431 Posts
I purchased my 2011 about a year ago with 95k on it. I'm at 102k now so about 7-8k per year for my daily driver. Supercharger was replaced at 98k and rear-end at 100k, both under warranty. Recently did the 100k service a d all looked good. Going to start some mild mods soon, nothing crazy though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I purchased my 2011 about a year ago with 95k on it. I'm at 102k now so about 7-8k per year for my daily driver. Supercharger was replaced at 98k and rear-end at 100k, both under warranty. Recently did the 100k service a d all looked good. Going to start some mild mods soon, nothing crazy though.
Just breaking it in.

·
Registered
803 Posts

Holy shit, nice work man. Guessing you don't slack on maintenance.

How is the paint holding up and interior?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paint is good. Have had the front end painted once due to road rash and I wanted the grills black. So far as maintenance I make sure the oil does not get too dirty and I do all the maintenance myself. Again, I am a firm believer in the Lucas oil stabilizer.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Headers also?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Curious what size pulley and did you do ejectors as well or are they stock?
Im curious about ejectors too. How do they work? Does it open the sunroof and eject the passenger out the top like Goose in Top Gun?

·
Premium Member
05' CTS-V Sedan "Original Owner"
1 Posts
I saw this thread and felt I should chime in, I took delivery of my Sedan in June of 05' with 32 miles on the ODO from the dealer. I just rolled over 221K, still stock and all original and a very clean appearance, still! A lot of those are hard miles too, lot's of stop light racing in the early days. I'm easier on it now, but I still like to surprise people who don't realize what's under the hood of a 16 year old V. Cheers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The pulley is a 2.5 (may be a 2.45 not sure)Lingenfelter, Stock injectors (same that came with the car). I recently replaced the 6L90 Auto trans. I change most of the fluid every 50K. I do not overfill the trans. The engine oil is synthetic (what ever is on sale) No brand loyalty. Again, I use Lucas synthetic additive with every oil change. Rear end is Mobil One with GM limited slip additive. I refuse to put headers on the car. I drive it every day and do not want to worry about leaks. I have 3 inch Borla Xpipe and Borla exhaust. I have always run 305/30/19 in rear on stock rims.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The pulley is a 2.5 (may be a 2.45 not sure)Lingenfelter, Stock injectors (same that came with the car). I recently replaced the 6L90 Auto trans. I change most of the fluid every 50K. I do not overfill the trans. The engine oil is synthetic (what ever is on sale) No brand loyalty. Again, I use Lucas synthetic additive with every oil change. Rear end is Mobil One with GM limited slip additive. I refuse to put headers on the car. I drive it every day and do not want to worry about leaks. I have 3 inch Borla Xpipe and Borla exhaust. I have always run 305/30/19 in rear on stock rims.
Aggressive tune with pulley on stock injectors, no one would recommend that FYI. Glad to see so many miles, but that setup is something to stay clear of. Most likely could get more long term mileage out of the beast with a bigger set of fuel injectors so you’re not leaning out. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts