Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2019 Cts V
7 Posts
I dont know what to do... I sealed the other side (driver) from the top by sliding the rear glass forward. Then I adjusted the height of both glass pieces so they would seal against the body better. Tried spraying it with the hose (headliner still down), and for the first 30 seconds it seemed fine. Then the passenger rear side, just got over run with water and spilled into the back seat... all 4 drains are flowing... they just cant
I dont know what to do... I sealed the other side (driver) from the top by sliding the rear glass forward. Then I adjusted the height of both glass pieces so they would seal against the body better. Tried spraying it with the hose (headliner still down), and for the first 30 seconds it seemed fine. Then the passenger rear side, just got over run with water and spilled into the back seat... all 4 drains are flowing... they just cant keep up with the amount of water getting past the seal seams. I guess I'll order new glass seals.

It seems this is a very common problem. Does anyone have a permanent fix?

Can someone post the TSB?

View attachment 158137
Should I be looking to buy parts 2 and 4?
Font Terrestrial plant Vegetable Audio equipment Recipe

keep up with the amount of water getting past the seal seams. I guess I'll order new glass seals.

View attachment 158137
[/QUO
I dont know what to do... I sealed the other side (driver) from the top by sliding the rear glass forward. Then I adjusted the height of both glass pieces so they would seal against the body better. Tried spraying it with the hose (headliner still down), and for the first 30 seconds it seemed fine. Then the passenger rear side, just got over run with water and spilled into the back seat... all 4 drains are flowing... they just cant keep up with the amount of water getting past the seal seams. I guess I'll order new glass seals.

View attachment 158137
Font Terrestrial plant Vegetable Audio equipment Natural foods

· Registered
3,396 Posts
Thanks. Ill cut off the duckbills. I ordered new glass seals and gutter. If that doesnt work, I will consider the wrap idea. I’d imagine it might bubble though.
Yeah you are probably right. If you drive with the windows down the pressure would probably cause the wrap to bubble up but who knows until someone tries!

· Registered
84 Posts
I have always wondered it you could wrap the roof, I want to wrap my sunroof before it starts to have problems. Is there a black vinyl close to raven black or is best to wrap it sun carbon or diff color entirely?

· Premium Member
13,953 Posts
Besides the gap along the outer edge The seal between the front and back panel is on like a 30-35 degree angle, I just don’t think the wrap will hold up well.
if anything get a strip of it and try it along the edge but I have a feeling a wrap guy will want to slit the seams

· Registered
64 Posts
if you haven't I would open up all 4 rubber grommets. the two in the back I cut off the duck bill seals like you said and the two in the front I removed and then took a properly sized drill bit and just reamed out the excess rubber by hand.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I ordered new glass seals for the front and rear glass. I used some dry silicone spray to install the seal on the front glass and that worked out well. The rear glass however doesn't come out unless you drop the headliner, and then drop the entire sunroof assembly. I said F it, and left the rear glass in with the old seal. I spent a lot of time positioning both front and rear glasses until they sealed well against the metal body and each other over the center "gutter". I also replaced the gutter itself which helped with wind noise at highway speeds.

So far it has passed the hose test. I still have the rear headliner partially disconnected so I can feel the sunroof frame where the old leak was. So far so good. The drains are flowing, but they are not seeing much water, which is good. Id rather it not get in past the seals at all.

We'll see what happens this summer when the Florida afternoon downpours commence.

· Registered
64 Posts
There is a thread on here about removing the rear glass without dropping the headliner. Let me see if I can find it.

Here's the other thread:

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks, but that just slides the rear glass forward. its impossible to remove it from above, because of the shape of the metal frame. Even with it sliding around, the sides of the seal are still pressed against the body. It would be extremely difficult to replace the seal on the rear glass without removing it completely. Besides at this point, its stopped leaking. So I will call it good for now.

· Registered
546 Posts

I want to just move the sunroof and replace the roof with a non-sunroof panel and then be done with it. I hate the noise the sunscreen makes with the windows down and if you drive at a high rate of speed the sunroof makes noise even with the new and improved cross piece that seals up against both glass panels.

· Registered
1 Posts
I started having this problem recently and have been wanting to get to the bottom of it but I'm having trouble getting the rear sunroof glass out. I got the four screws out and see that its loose but it wont come out. Anybody have a video or diagram showing how to take it out?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts