Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was coming back home and the car falls on its face, sputters and dies. Wait a bit and it starts up and is going fine but I can tell it is still sputtering under load. It has did this once before about 7 months ago, it acted like it was out of fuel and wanted to die. Had 1/8 of tank but filled it up and it was fine until yesterday.

Pulled the codes and they were P2635 and P069E. With those I assume my fuel pump is on its way out? If that is the case then what are my choices. I have done some reading and didn't like the feedback on the DW pumps, the AEM seems good but can throw codes and best with a BAP, and I saw the DSX Aux kit. Is there anything else missing besides putting a stock on back in?

2011 Coupe V with 41,000 miles

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
fore and squash both make intank replacements

Reactions: adam112

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 2013 V and it was not the FPCM. bought one, installed it and it was still throwing the codes. Saved the old one and reinstalled it after figuring out the fuse block was loose. The top and bottom are screwed together with two bolts. strange that they do not tighten entirely. check and see if the fuse block is loose. Mine has been working great over a year. I also bought the Merican motorsports fuel cover plate in case I was going to be replacing the pump. Still have the cover and have not had to replace the pump yet. Also, in the case it is the FPCM make sure you get one for a V since it has to control two pumps. The first FPCM I received was for a base CTS with the V6 and only one pump... It only runs one pump and the car starves for fuel when you roll into the throttle.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have a 2013 V and it was not the FPCM. bought one, installed it and it was still throwing the codes. Saved the old one and reinstalled it after figuring out the fuse block was loose. The top and bottom are screwed together with two bolts. strange that they do not tighten entirely. check and see if the fuse block is loose. Mine has been working great over a year. I also bought the Merican motorsports fuel cover plate in case I was going to be replacing the pump. Still have the cover and have not had to replace the pump yet. Also, in the case it is the FPCM make sure you get one for a V since it has to control two pumps. The first FPCM I received was for a base CTS with the V6 and only one pump... It only runs one pump and the car starves for fuel when you roll into the throttle.
Yes, people don't know about that positive lug in the middle of the fuse blow, it will loosen. It and that ground bolt under the intake are trouble makers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I checked the fuse and it was ok, then I looked at the bolts holding the fuse block up front and it they were loose. I tightened them and I could tell they would only get so tight before that "stripped" feeling. So I got them as tight as I could and took it for a drive. It didn't cut out and there was no codes tripping. I drove it for about 10 miles with a lot of hard hits and it felt good, quickly accelerated and not loss of power. I hope it was that easy but we will see.

I haven't looked into it yet but is this a plastic sleeve these bolts go into so you can't get them secure? Is some loctite or bonder a solution to this?

·
Registered
97 Posts
that is tight as they get. I suppose you could use locktite and let it dry and try to get them a little tighter. But, that is how mine was. tighten them up and they spin and that is as good as it gets. mine has been doing fine for over a year after tightening it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
So I checked the fuse and it was ok, then I looked at the bolts holding the fuse block up front and it they were loose. I tightened them and I could tell they would only get so tight before that "stripped" feeling. So I got them as tight as I could and took it for a drive. It didn't cut out and there was no codes tripping. I drove it for about 10 miles with a lot of hard hits and it felt good, quickly accelerated and not loss of power. I hope it was that easy but we will see.

I haven't looked into it yet but is this a plastic sleeve these bolts go into so you can't get them secure? Is some loctite or bonder a solution to this?
10 points for me 😁 (y)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
It does seem crazy that the fuse block under the hood controls the fuel pump control module
The fuel pump relay and fuse are in the trunk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts