Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Compound setups aren't as efficient as a well setup single or TT system. The 03-04 Cobras figured that out quickly. One car made over 1000rwhp with a compound setup but they were seeing something crazy like 40# at the M112 blower.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Is "mullet" still using compound boost? I know he was at least up until this year. He has been making good power in a ford GT...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
honestly, how many TT setups actually work and are reliable. Yeah saying you have a twin turbo car is awesome, and they do work well when set up correctly but I think Bad Grandpa hit it dead on. How many TT kits have we seen offered and never come to fruition? The guys who have done it right made some big power but who knows at what cost and for how long.
Exactly. Junkie is a personal friend of mine and watched him go through that build TT'n his V. After a VERY LONG build (nearly 2 years), the car came out beautiful, but it also very much so changed the characteristics of the car. IMO, it made the car less fun at lower boost levels. Yes, it had insane potential to make serious power, but most of those cars don't run around on kill all the time otherwise they are constantly breaking parts. However, with the stock blower and nitrous the car was a BEAST on the street spanking many cars around town that made more power because the car was set up just right. At some point the time and cost of the build have to come into play as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dusting off this old thread from the Archives. R and T has a vid of a rear turbo Vagon cranking off 200 MPH in the half mile. Has anyone else gone this route lately?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Having witnessed several rear mount turbo applications on some race cars, I'd say it's a waste of time, effort and money. None of the cars were competitive and were scrapped in favor of front mount turbo or blower.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts