Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week I installed a Fabtech HX on my 2011 sedan and noticed yesterday when I got home my radiator fans were running and so was the HX pump. It wasn't but about 74 degrees out and I really hadn't run it hard and they shut off after a few minutes.
What controls the HX pump?
Fluid level looks good and I can see the turbulence in the fill neck resivor. Lines to from the HX feel about ambient.
School me.

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
It’s written into the tune. Latent heat causes a spike in fluid temps if circulation stops, this helps that a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Not really. If they run more than 5 minutes maybe, but I think it’s normal.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine did that a few days after I installed my FTP hx, did it for a day or so then went back to normal ( no fan running after the car was turned off) the fans would only stay on for a few minutes then turn off. Nothing to be concerned about. Post up some pics of it!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Seems strange, I recently installed a h/e as well and was concerned about flow and the routing of my hoses (inlet/outlets) on the brick, pump, h/e - everything. Eventually sorted out inlets and outlets were good.

What’s the turbulence look like, is it surging high in the full neck then low back and forth or more like a constant burble? I didn’t bleed well enough at first and saw surging and my tuner said I hadn’t primed the pump and it was just running in place essentially. We clamped part of the hose near the neck then I eventually got it back home to burp via the h/e bleeder. Perhaps a big air pocket is working its way out and causing the pump to lose flow and prime.

I am scared to pop my filler neck cap actually (stock) as it seems to have a preload or I guess prime to it that allows the flow to be good, popping it could pop the seal and lose the prime I have going. Have you popped the cap lately?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Seems strange, I recently installed a h/e as well and was concerned about flow and the routing of my hoses (inlet/outlets) on the brick, pump, h/e - everything. Eventually sorted out inlets and outlets were good.

What’s the turbulence look like, is it surging high in the full neck then low back and forth or more like a constant burble? I didn’t bleed well enough at first and saw surging and my tuner said I hadn’t primed the pump and it was just running in place essentially. We clamped part of the hose near the neck then I eventually got it back home to burp via the h/e bleeder. Perhaps a big air pocket is working its way out and causing the pump to lose flow and prime.

I am scared to pop my filler neck cap actually (stock) as it seems to have a preload or I guess prime to it that allows the flow to be good, popping it could pop the seal and lose the prime I have going. Have you popped the cap lately?

My flow is good as observed from the filler neck, plenty of turbulence and level is consistent. I don't see how you could have bleed your system without opening the fill cap?
When I replaced mine I opened the fill cap inserted a 3/4" ID hose attached to a funnel and filled the funnel with coolant and let it burp of a 15-20min period. This worked the best for me to get all the air out of the system. Yore results may vary...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts